User LUT monitor SWIT CM-55C

BrunoCH

36 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Is there any way to adjust the color of the display? 

I've got one and the color is quite a lot warmer than what the camera LCD is seeing. Also the highlights seem a lot brighter and steeper than the camera monitor, makes it hard to judge the image. 

Push the joystick left for 3 seconds to enter the menu. It should be under "Celibration lut".

I am very happy with the monitor. I just realized how much more dynamic range you get with HLG. According to the monitor histogram it looks like you gain 25% over Cinelike-D. I have loaded the Leeming LUT onto the monitor and with the latest firmware it accepted it without having to convert it. Most of the time the picture looks just the way I want it on the monitor as I'm recording.

With the GH5 the lag is noticeable but minor. Using 4k input I get some issues with "white" noise in shadow areas. If I switch to 1080p the issue disappears. I believe it's a problem with the bandwidth, but I would expect it to work since I use the cable that comes with the camera. However, with the GH5 it's easy to down convert it in camera anyway.

The monitor feels plastic, but it's also quite light, which is more important to me. The ON-OFF button feels really cheap, and doesn't click when I switch it. Cable management can get a bit messy, especially if I try to power it over USB, but I guess that's hard to avoid. Overall I think it's the best video investment I've made since my GH5.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/30/2019 at 5:02 PM, UncleBobsPhotography said:

With the GH5 the lag is noticeable but minor. Using 4k input I get some issues with "white" noise in shadow areas. If I switch to 1080p the issue disappears. I believe it's a problem with the bandwidth, but I would expect it to work since I use the cable that comes with the camera. However, with the GH5 it's easy to down convert it in camera anyway.

I have had the exact same issue and it's the cable. Got the 8sinn extrathinn hdmi cable and it's gone. And it's a better cable IMO

New CM-55C firmware released today:

http://www.swit.cc/CM-55C-firmware.aspx

1. Signal format displays 59.94 instead of 60.
2. Default color temperature changed to “Native”
3. Signal format display and battery info display can be individually turned on/off.
4. Support 17^3, 33^3, 65^3 User Lut cube upload
5. Add “Saturation” adjustment in calibration menu.
6. Fixed audio meter bug
7. Add start-up background image instead of black screen

KAIZEN!

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

New CM-55C firmware released today:

http://www.swit.cc/CM-55C-firmware.aspx

1. Signal format displays 59.94 instead of 60.
2. Default color temperature changed to “Native”
3. Signal format display and battery info display can be individually turned on/off.
4. Support 17^3, 33^3, 65^3 User Lut cube upload
5. Add “Saturation” adjustment in calibration menu.
6. Fixed audio meter bug
7. Add start-up background image instead of black screen

KAIZEN!

Hopefully this one is stable! Is there anything new besides whats in the changelog? 

I made the last firmware update with no issues - formated the SD card in my Panasonic camera to make it Fat32, copied the the two update files to the card and the Swift made the update right away. (Checked the SD card format in the Get Info-window on my iMac, which said ExFat32)

Following the exact same procedure with this new update, but for some reason the Swift won't make the update. I get this message:  "Can't find any valid update files. Recommend you use Fat32 ...". Very strange.

Anybody else having this issue?