User LUT monitor SWIT CM-55C

BrunoCH

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
27 minutes ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

@BrunoCH @androidlad I just got the monitor and I've noticed something - does your tilt arm also has a little wiggle/play in the coldshoe of the camera? I screw it in all the way and it's not sliding but it seems like the metal part is smaller than the coldshoe so it's able to wiggle around in there, left and right.

Yes it's the same for mine. But I don't use it because the miniUSB connection is on the side of this tilt arm and I power the monitor by usb with an Anker 26000. 

• 1 month later...

I tried everything mentioned here to get the LUTs onto my SWIT CM55-C but no success. It always says "No Device" after choosing "Load LUT File -> User LUT".

I tried formatting the card on my mac and also in the X-T3 camera, also different LUTs. Any more ideas?

2 hours ago, persol said:

I tried everything mentioned here to get the LUTs onto my SWIT CM55-C but no success. It always says "No Device" after choosing "Load LUT File -> User LUT".

I tried formatting the card on my mac and also in the X-T3 camera, also different LUTs. Any more ideas?

It seems that the swit only accepts 3x17 LUTs on a  FAT 32 card. I think the recent Macs and the Xt3 format the cards in FAT 64. I got the success with a card formatted on my old nikon D5200 (I am sure it’s FAT 32 on this camera)

7 hours ago, BrunoCH said:

It seems that the swit only accepts 3x17 LUTs on a  FAT 32 card. I think the recent Macs and the Xt3 format the cards in FAT 64. I got the success with a card formatted on my old nikon D5200 (I am sure it’s FAT 32 on this camera)

This is true. Fat32 and use some kind of LUT Calculator or converted to get your luts to 3x17 

18 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

What's the monitor like for focussing? I bright light (with sunhood)? I'd be using it with a GH5 in 4k (50p and 25p 10bit). I want something better than the EVF

That was the main reason I bought it - just having a 5 inch screen up in the face makes focusing a breeze. I shoot a lot with the Sigma 18-35 at f/1.4 and the percentage of missed focus came down a lot after I started using this monitor. It also has peaking and all the assists + you can zoom in the picture during recording which comes in clutch if you're shooting an interview for example and just want to double triple check the focus after you already started recording. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, androidlad said:

@BrunoCH New firmware for CM-55C released.

Copy these two files to the root directory in a FAT32 formatted SD card, turn on unit and follow instructions.

JTH5501_UN108v01.bin 8 MB · 0 downloads JTH5500_UN108v01.bin 3.08 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much for that. Unfortunately I’m not at home and I can’t update until April 23rd (I just have an ipad with me). I hope the download links will still be valid.

17 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

Is there a changelog somewhere?

1. Signal format displays 59.94 instead of 60.
2. Default color temperature changed to “Native”
3. Signal format display and battery info display can be individually turned on/off.
4. User LUT supports 33x33x33 format upload
5. Add “Saturation” adjustment in calibration menu.
6. Fixed other bugs. Tool: SD card, FAT32

6 hours ago, androidlad said:

1. Signal format displays 59.94 instead of 60.
2. Default color temperature changed to “Native”
3. Signal format display and battery info display can be individually turned on/off.
4. User LUT supports 33x33x33 format upload
5. Add “Saturation” adjustment in calibration menu.
6. Fixed other bugs. Tool: SD card, FAT32

Thank you so much! Where did you get it from? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 4:28 AM, Adam Kuźniar said:

a bit off topic but how is the monitor in general? Anything you specifically like or dislike about it? I'm looking into a affordable monitor for my G80 and the main reason why I want to pick this one up is for LUT monitoring

@Adam Kuźniar

Do you see any significant lag/ latency with the G80 and this monitor?

On 4/28/2019 at 8:09 PM, giorgos said:

Since the firmware update I have an "error" white screen almost a every time I use the monitor, and I have to reboot it in order to use it again.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

This is exactly why I haven't installed it, it's not on their website, it's some file some guy uploaded and he didn't even answer my question about where he got it from. Shady

3 hours ago, billdoubleu said:

@Adam Kuźniar

Do you see any significant lag/ latency with the G80 and this monitor?

I did and it's definitely there but I almost never notice it when actually shooting. Last sunday I shot a small concert and then it was noticeable, because I could hear the drums hit before I could see them, but again, it didn't bother me that much. You can check out my review if you want to see what the delay is 

36 minutes ago, giorgos said:

There is a fix if anyone else installed the "latest" firmware and notices errors.

I contacted Swit and, after asking me where did I find the latest firmware, they sent me a file to downgrade the firmware which is the second file @androidlad had attached in his post 

JTH5500_UN108v01.bin 3.12 MB · 0 downloads

No errors so far. Did you follow the instructions?

The new firmware has been released on Swit website: http://www.swit.cc/CM-55C-firmware.aspx