User LUT monitor SWIT CM-55C

BrunoCH

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, BrunoCH said:

Good new ! Very good monitor but I'm a little disappointed by the Users LUTs. There are only 17x17x17. Not very useful. Hope the new firmware can improve this.

17^3 precision is more than enough for monitoring. The ones that support higher precision all downconvert to 17^3 internally.

1 minute ago, Timotheus said:

@BrunoCH can you comment on the anamorphic functions of this monitor? Very interested whether it can display full size 2x stretch... Thanks.

I don't use anamorphic but you get 1X ; 1,33X ; 1,5X ; 1,66X ; 2X ; 2XMAG.

9 hours ago, androidlad said:

17^3 precision is more than enough for monitoring. The ones that support higher precision all downconvert to 17^3 internally.

What do you mean about down convert internally? I expose my goal. I created with 3D LUT combine tool (colorizer.net) a Fuji deLOG -1 stop and another - 2 stop. these LUTs are to get a correct REC 709 image when I ETTR the FLOG on a low-contrast scene. But these LUTs are 3x65 and they don't work on my monitor. 

Do you have an idea to do this?

23 hours ago, BrunoCH said:

I don't use anamorphic but you get 1X ; 1,33X ; 1,5X ; 1,66X ; 2X ; 2XMAG.

What do you mean about down convert internally? I expose my goal. I created with 3D LUT combine tool (colorizer.net) a Fuji deLOG -1 stop and another - 2 stop. these LUTs are to get a correct REC 709 image when I ETTR the FLOG on a low-contrast scene. But these LUTs are 3x65 and they don't work on my monitor. 

Do you have an idea to do this?

You can use LUTCalc to generate 17^3 LUT sets with exposure compensation directly. Or Photoshop CC can downconvert LUTs to various resolution.

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

You can use LUTCalc to generate 17^3 LUT sets with exposure compensation directly. Or Photoshop CC can downconvert LUTs to various resolution.

I had the same idea. But something is buggy. I don't know if it's LUTCalc or the monitor (The LUTs seem to work correctly in FCPX). The LUTs with exposure compensation -2 and -3 stops work perfectly. The LUT deLOG and LUT exposure compensation -1 produce false colors in the highlights. I tried everything for hours I dropped.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LZMwjus41s9pEpzNwpJ9UfiBpl5C5h25/view?usp=sharing

I don't have photoshop.

There is also this solution but too complicated for me.

http://opensource.mikrosimage.eu/ColorPipe-tools/LUTLab/LUT_to_LUT/

I hope the kaisen firmware add  downconvert high precision LUT to 17^3.

4 hours ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

a bit off topic but how is the monitor in general? Anything you specifically like or dislike about it? I'm looking into a affordable monitor for my G80 and the main reason why I want to pick this one up is for LUT monitoring

It's the best non-high brightness monitor out there. Period.

11 hours ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

a bit off topic but how is the monitor in general? Anything you specifically like or dislike about it? I'm looking into a affordable monitor for my G80 and the main reason why I want to pick this one up is for LUT monitoring

I really like the layout scene organization with 8 possible tools by scene. I create a scene with waveform (very good, very fine) and histogram. And a scene with false color. This 2 scenes for exposure.  And I create an another scene with a deLOG LUT for visualisation. I really like the peaking tool (not focus peaking). Peaking looks like a kind of oversharp on the focus part. It is very effective to help focus.
There are many  deLOG LUT installed, as well as a lot of faslecolor for the main existing LOGs. And also the possibility to put 16 LUT by SD card . Unfortunately these users LUT are in 17x17x17. And it limits the use.

After more time with LUTCalc, I understand better this app and I found a better way to create the LUTs I wanted and everything worked fine. I created a 17^3 LUT based on the Fuji LUT deLOG WDR and also 3 versions of this LUT going down one stop each time. Everything works as I want. Very good monitor for the price. Great application (3.49Euros Mac version or free version online).

• 3 weeks later...