Sony E mount to Nikon Z mount adapter

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Cliff Totten said:

Wait,...hold on.....what? Is the a passive adapter or an active adapter?

Ok....I'm about to take a super long crazy shot in the dark here. We know that Nikon is buying the Sony A7-III's IMX410 sensor, this is now fact...and a zero supprise to everybody here.

Here is the crazy part.....is it possible that Sony has leased their Emount lens and focus protocol to Nikon for all their new lenses? I could certainly see why Nikon would rather buy it than design it themselves. Could Nikon also lease Sony PDAF pattents too? And Sony IBIS also?

The cost of just buying it could beat the cost of developing it from scratch and trying to mature it as fast as they can. Buying an already tested and mature system could be A LOT easier!

Nah....on second thought. This kind of industry camera collusion never happens like that in reality. Plus, Sony is not known for selling itself to customers in that way.

This is just crazy talk.......

Perhaps it is a straw in the wind, firms recognizing that there are too many systems to support in an at best flat market, especially when one player has half the market.

1 hour ago, tomsemiterrific said:

How about an FD to Z mount adapter with throttle ND filter!

Kipon has it, without the ND:

kalankzca_1.jpg

Looks like they have made a few additional Z-mount adapters, including some tilt/shift models.

Also, they seem to have made four focal reducers for medium format lenses on the Nikon Z (they appear to offer the same models for the EOS R).

Has anyone tried the Kipon "Elegant" lenses on the Nikon Z?

11 hours ago, tupp said:

Kipon has it, without the ND:

kalankzca_1.jpg

Looks like they have made a few additional Z-mount adapters, including some tilt/shift models..

Also, they seem to have made four focal reducers for medium format lenses on the Nikon Z (they appear to offer the same models for the EOS R).

Has anyone tried the Kipon "Elegant" lenses on the Nikon Z?

Yes, I have FD to Z mount, as well as M42, M39, and Ef to Z mount----the operative words in my question were "throttle ND." 

I have throttle NDs that mount EF and FD to Fuji X mount. That's a real treat because you don't have to fool with those stupid variable ND filters of different sizes--make me crazy! The throttle filter adapters work great. I"m hoping someone will make EF and FD throttles for the  z mount so I don't have to drag around all those variable NDs to match each lens.

Can't wait for someone to do make them, at least for the FD/EF to Z mount.

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

In all seriousness, isn't one of the main reasons to buy a Z6 over an a7 III is because of all the wonderful Nikon glass out there?

Its the gateway aspect of the E mount that appeals.

Leaving aside the additional similar options the E mount range offers to Nikon users, having access to the Batis range no longer means you have to get a Sony body to have Zeiss lenses with AF.

The adapter itself is only a few mm deep anyway so if you put the EF lens adapter on it its a negligible difference between putting Nikon's FTZ adapter on the camera really.

Being able to also use the TechArt PRO opens up a lot of possibilities for fast, affordable and very compact full frame M mount lenses from Voigtlander and 7Artisans (28mm f1.4 and 50mm f1.1 are less than £650 for the PAIR!) and of course gives them AF, again for similar overall footprint than the FTZ adapter.

So whilst there is obviously a ton of wonderful Nikon glass out there it is worth bearing in mind that only 4 Nikon lenses will go directly on these cameras without an adapter and it is going to take them a long time before the majority of their most renowned ones are available in the native mount.

Funnily enough, despite being so heavily invested in the Nikon system, its actually only the availability of this adapter thats slightly enthused me about buying one of the Z series !

On 1/20/2019 at 1:10 PM, Mark Romero 2 said:

Awesome!!! I am going to get a Nikon F Mount to Sony e Mount adapter, mount some Nikon lenses on it, and then mount them all on to this sony E Mount to Nikon Z mount... just because I can.

In all seriousness, isn't one of the main reasons to buy a Z6 over an a7 III is because of all the wonderful Nikon glass out there?

I think Nikon's color science looks more natural than Sony - for skintones and how it handles green seen in nature.  But I hear the latest sony cameras are looking better.

Side by side tests, please.