I’m beginning to get RED

Snowfun

Ok. So I fell for the Hydrogen hype. 

And perhaps the 2d camera module will be superb. So final judgement suspended.

RED have released a screen protector for Hydrogen. It costs $40. Tax is extra (shipping to UK is rumoured to be an additional $50 but that’s irrelevant). 

I posted (on h4v) that the price was “interesting” (given the razer phone one fits perfectly well and cost me a fraction of the $40. For two.)

Outrage. And the best defence to date is that the RED one has “high transparency”! Yes, folks, it’s see-through. 

I’m starting to look in the mirror and ask whether I look stupid.

But once the module is released all will be wonderful and I’ll have roses growing in my drive.

$40... 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
52 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

I’m starting to look in the mirror and ask whether I look stupid.

On the upside, with it being a Hydrogen you will see a holographic version of yourself appearing and answering that question.

I just had a look at the thread and well, yes...

"......If you look at high end screen protectors from other places, who don’t necessarily make them for the Hydrogen One, (I’m thinking of a certain Brand, beginning with, D, but I, “can’t seem to remember their name”,) they’re not that much less, and probably don’t have all of the features."

A brand that begins with D and wants to get away with charging you $40 for a piece of plastic and $50 shipping you say? Erm.....Dior? Daimler? Dolce & Gabbana

I'm wondering if the protector is special in some way due to the holographic display (that's right isn't it? holographic?).  If that's the case then I can understand $40, and the problem lies with either the RED marketing team for not explaining that, or the fanbois who didn't know about it or explain it properly.

Or it could be price gouging and zealotry.  I'm not ruling that out either ?

edit: send us pictures when the roses arrive in your drive :)