Nikon Z9 and Z5 plus affordable 4K shooting D5700 in the works?

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

1D1A9448-1.jpg

Nikon has registered several new models with the wireless agencies worldwide, with rumours that a high-end mirrorless Z9 is due to be released this year, along with a more affordable Z5 aimed at the lower-end of the full frame market around $1200. The first affordable Nikon APS-C DSLR to shoot non-cropped Super 35mm 4K is expected to be the Nikon D5700.

Read the full article

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

I think the D5700 might be a winner as well if they keep the price to the sub £600 mark of the current one as I can't be alone in thinking the pricing of new bodies is getting a bit steep now?I don't know for certain but it strikes me that Nikon do seem to want to hit high watermarks with their DSLRs in each sector before they bow out rather than re-cycling the same old derivative stuff while they can get away with it.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with this and put a no crop 4K in it.

3 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Like I said somewhere else here, you can buy a brand new Sony A7 for like 795 bucks. 1200 bucks sounds like rape to me. ?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1008114-REG/sony_ilce7_b_a7_mirrorless_digital_camera.html

The a7 is old. This is a 2019 camera we are talking about. I assume it will have 4k and high frame rate of some sort, etc, much different from a years-old camera having dropped in price to $800

4 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

The a7 is old. This is a 2019 camera we are talking about. I assume it will have 4k and high frame rate of some sort, etc, much different from a years-old camera having dropped in price to $800

It won't be FF, so it will be a waste of time. Every company Has to come out with something to compete against the Fuji X-T3. And that camera will be it.

3 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

You mean the z5 wont be full frame, or that the video mode will be cropped?

It probably will be APSC just like the Fuji is. If Nikon makes a 1200 FF camera who would ever buy the Z6? It ain't happening. I would guess the new A7000 will be 1500 dollars or less to compete with the Fuji X-T3.

1 minute ago, webrunner5 said:

It probably will be APSC just like the Fuji is. If Nikon makes a 1200 FF camera who would ever buy the Z6? It ain't happening.

That's possible, but Andrew's post implies that he at least thinks it will be full frame:

4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

along with a more affordable Z5 aimed at the lower-end of the full frame market around $1200

Unless I'm really reading this wrong?

The lowest FF camera now is like 1999 dollars. That would be an amazing drop in price. That would be the lower end alright LoL. Hell anything is possible. No EVF, no IBIS, no tilting screen, built in memory, hell on and on. I guess it could be done if you stripped it down to the nearly the chassis.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

It probably will be APSC just like the Fuji is. If Nikon makes a 1200 FF camera who would ever buy the Z6? It ain't happening. I would guess the new A7000 will be 1500 dollars or less to compete with the Fuji X-T3.

I think it will be more than the Fuji. I'm speculating it'll have IBIS and other features making it "higher end" The Fuji will then release the XH2 as a response I'd suppose. I am guessing it'll be closer to the $1800 mark. It'll have advantages over the A7III with higher photo and video frame rates and faster processor which means better auto focus, faster readout etc... I also assume it'll have 4k 60p and 10 bit.

6 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah but that is getting too close to the price of the A7III. Why would you buy a APSC camera from Sony, when for 200 bucks more you can get a FF one from them?

Because in this case the APSC camera is higher end while the full frame is a base model.