DJI ronin S best settings?

zerocool22

Hello guys, 

I just unpacked my dji ronin S, and I balanced my blackmagic pocket 4K on it. But I am having problems at keeping the camera level, If I try to lower the camera to the front, the camera with it lens first will point at the floor instead of leveling. Also when I tilt the camera backwards the camera moves up aiming at the ceiling. I want the dji ronin s to keep my camera level, and only when I crank it at +35% I want it to move up or down.  What am I doing wrong. (never had this with my DJI ronin, it was automatically leveling the camera)

For example I have seen guys moving their crane 5cm close to the ground and the camera was level. When I move my dji ronin S close to the floor, the camera is shooting into the floor and not straight ahead. 

OK never mind I just found out about the trigger button ? (So leveling is ok)

What are the best settings?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Well it was my first balance, so I had no idea how to balance it so it took me some time. Now I kinda know how it works, I can note it down and can prob set it up in 5min.

Me too. Just testing with my NX1 cameras at the moment and the 16-50S, which is my heaviest lens, and can't say everything is perfect. The camera has to be close to the right arm, as closer as possible, to achieve excellent status on the self diagnostic program. 

You are fine with just the small riser thingy that is included? I have to use that also, or else the lens doesn't fit.

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

Me too. Just testing with my NX1 cameras at the moment and the 16-50S, which is my heaviest lens, and can't say everything is perfect. The camera has to be close to the right arm, as closer as possible, to achieve excellent status on the self diagnostic program. 

You are fine with just the small riser thingy that is included? I have to use that also, or else the lens doesn't fit.

Yeah same here. I did not even know there was a self diagnostic program. Gonna check that out tonight ^^.
For now I am fine with the small riser. Need to check if mounting and demounting is fast enough, otherwise I might order a different baseplate. But is going to be troublesome anyhow as it will never be a standard plate, and I will need to swap it constantly with a tripod plate. 

Gonna buy a power cable to feed the camera from the ronin s probably though, as I cannot access the battery department of the camera + the ronin will deliver more power then a single battery of the pocket 4K. 

On 1/16/2019 at 8:01 AM, Kisaha said:

Do you know where I can find the self diagnostic program? 

On 1/16/2019 at 8:01 AM, Kisaha said:

Well maybe the riser thing is a bit more troublesome then I thought. As I have to remove both, and align them again when using it. So probably will end up buying one rised global plate.