C200 vs C100 MKII

jpfilmz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
24 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah unless you are buying used where they are going for like $900-$1400 sometimes with accessories.

Yup, the original C100 is a steal right now. I’ve posted this video before, but I think the image still holds up today...

And if you’re interested in narratives, this video proves that it is well suited for that too...

Yeah no one is going to know the difference between HQ HD upscaled to 4k. I've been saying this for a long time but if 2k is good enough to project on a theater screen, than its good enough for anyone's home screen. 

You lose the ability to crop in post and all that but I do think the C100 or C100 MK2 or C300 are great deals used. If I wasn't already 3 cameras and 4 lenses into Fuji products I'd be getting a C100 MK2 and C300 used. 

There is hardly Anything that goes wrong with a C100, C300. They are built for the long haul. Now the Sony PMW F3 has a Lot of troubles with the EVF on them breaking. The EVF on the F3 and the mk I C100 is not a lot to write home to mother about anyways to be honest. The C100 mk II and the C300 are pretty good.

Now there is a rubber thingy called a C Cup that helps the C100 mk I EVF a lot. Like 30 bucks. It is built like a tank. But does not help with the EVF not swiveling like the mk II.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:39 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah cameras have good lifespans and at that point you know it's not a lemon. I mean a new item with 1 year warranty is safer but of course if it breaks outside the warranty you are screwed as well.

Here in the UK Wex are a leading photographic retailer who do very good used deals all with 1year warranty. They currently have a C100 Mk II for £2K C100 Mk I for £1200 & even a C500 for just under £5K https://www.wexphotovideo.com/canon-eos-c100-mark-ii-high-definition-camcorder-used-1687969/

On 1/17/2019 at 5:25 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah no one is going to know the difference between HQ HD upscaled to 4k. I've been saying this for a long time but if 2k is good enough to project on a theater screen, than its good enough for anyone's home screen. 

You lose the ability to crop in post...

Well said. I hear you on having 4k to crop the image - that would be helpful - but for my personal projects I really have no plans to dump my C100Mk2... I love this horse.