Video Ram vs Processor Speed

Anaconda_

I'm in the process of getting a new editing machine, opting for an iMac, and am having trouble deciding which setup to go with.

I don't do much with motion graphics, but do light work in After Effects fairly regularly. It'll mostly be used for cutting and grading 4k footage as well as audio stuff, so I'm pretty sure both will be more than fine. However, since these specs can't be upgraded later in life, I'd like to make sure I'm picking the correct machine from the start. (I assume option 1, but want to be sure)

My budget allows for either of these:

1 -- 4.2 GHz quad-core i7 - Radeon Pro 575 4gb VRAM

OR

2 -- 3.8 GHz quad-core i5 - Radeon Pro 580 8gb VRAM

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I guess a lot depends on what NLE you are going to use. Resolve uses a lot of GPU power so neither GPU in the i Mac's are super great. So you would probably have to go with an external GPU if you got serious about video editing in Resolve. I am sure it would work in FCPX. Apple doesn't seem to care much about GPU's I guess. ?

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+Pro+580&id=3933