Sharp's new 8K M43 camera

ntblowz

8 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Have you seen the unbelievable software stabilization that Insta X one (5.7K) and other such cameras have?

With 8K, it would be a lot easier to offer you 6K with incredible stabilization, and 8K without.

I believe the advantages of these cameras (8K prosumer) will be that they will be offering a few tricks, and deliver in 4K or something, such stabilization, various crop modes, and some automation and "editing" tricks on the fly (like face recognition, and choose where to zoom or pan, or whatever) e.t.c

IBIS / OIS and software stabilisation are completely different things.  

If you're shooting with a slow-shutter (anything approaching the 180 degree rule) then you will get motion-blur during the exposure that software stabilisation cannot eliminate.  You have to basically choose between:

1. 180 degree (or 90, 45, 20, 10) and one or more of IBIS, OIS, gimbal, tripod, shoulder rig, slider, etc
  2. Stupidly fast shutter speeds and software stabilisation

There's a reason that software-only stabilisation has really only been applied to cameras that are used for outdoor daylight filming and expose with shutter.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, kye said:

IBIS / OIS and software stabilisation are completely different things.  

If you're shooting with a slow-shutter (anything approaching the 180 degree rule) then you will get motion-blur during the exposure that software stabilisation cannot eliminate.  You have to basically choose between:

1. 180 degree (or 90, 45, 20, 10) and one or more of IBIS, OIS, gimbal, tripod, shoulder rig, slider, etc
  2. Stupidly fast shutter speeds and software stabilisation

There's a reason that software-only stabilisation has really only been applied to cameras that are used for outdoor daylight filming and expose with shutter.

A few lines into my post I wrote "8K prosumer". For the market and the price that would be enough. We are talking for a good sized 8K camera that it "may" be 1999$ (of course we will see about that, if it is less than 2499 is a good price).

My NX1 cameras has DIS (Digital Image Stabilizer) and coupled with the lenses stabilizer (Dual IS they called it) does an amazing job if you know how to handle it.

Canon also is investing in this.

Personally, I detaste IBIS, I prefer either tripod shots or gimbals, but I can see that is a useful feature to have anyway. Just not a decision point for me.

Here's more footage from customary sources. WOW these guys monetize anything... Now, even licensed scores LOL : -)

That said, I'd rather have better colour science. Let's keep it in mind it is still a prototype. Resolution seems interesting for extreme detail landscape wide shots for post abilities potentiality all included, though : ) As someone already said, it is sharp, at least : -D

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I think the footage from it is amazing, and it is even more amazing it is a Sharp Sensor, and sort of their first try 8K wise. Even the Color Science of it looks great to me. GAS attack, I want one, WoW.

will you actually use 8k? or better question have a PC that could handle it

20 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well if it is able to be record to a SD card I would think my Box Computer on my desktop ought to make it happen. The big problem, well a HUGE problem, would be a 8K monitor to view it! ?

I don't think an 8k monitor would be necessary. I bought a pretty decent 4k monitor and I can't tell the difference. 

5 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I don't think an 8k monitor would be necessary. I bought a pretty decent 4k monitor and I can't tell the difference. 

I agree.

I think 8K is more likely to be used as over-capture, in much the same way that 360 video will be, and 48kHz DAT tapes were and DSD bitstream now is for recording music.