I’m at CES 2019. What do you want to see?

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

First video of the show... the underdog and hidden gem on the CES show flow squeezed between Samsung and Canon... at the SHARP booth. The story is Foxconn is making this camera with SHARP so you know there is some serious money behind it. Ask away as I will directly answer any questions on a future video on our channel. 

I interviewed Jeremy from Atomos about ProRes raw with Nikon Z6 and that video will come out soon as well. I will also try to do videos about any other requests above or below this video. 

A long shot, but I'm interested if Sony is going to update their X3000 action camera (the X3000 is their 4k30, 1080p120 action camera with IS).  It was released late 2016 so might be due for a refresh?

Considering GoPro bet their farm on stabilisation and Sony has had optical stabilisation since 2016 it's a strange segment right now.

5 hours ago, DaveAltizer said:

First video of the show... the underdog and hidden gem on the CES show flow squeezed between Samsung and Canon... at the SHARP booth. The story is Foxconn is making this camera with SHARP so you know there is some serious money behind it. Ask away as I will directly answer any questions on a future video on our channel. 

I interviewed Jeremy from Atomos about ProRes raw with Nikon Z6 and that video will come out soon as well. I will also try to do videos about any other requests above or below this video. 

Wonder was this the result of collab with RED last year?

https://petapixel.com/2018/02/17/red-foxconn-team-make-8k-cameras-1-3-price/

Hi @DaveAltizer I'm a bit confused about the Nikon Z with the Ninja V... I watched a video where they claimed the Nikon is outputting a 12 bit raw signal... not the 10 bit as expected. Could you please check with Atomos if this is true? Below is the video... check in his description.

If so it could be a pretty big deal.

1 hour ago, DBounce said:

Hi @DaveAltizer I'm a bit confused about the Nikon Z with the Ninja V... I watched a video where they claimed the Nikon is outputting a 12 bit raw signal... not the 10 bit as expected. Could you please check with Atomos if this is true? Below is the video... check in his description.

If so it could be a pretty big deal.

Why is 10bit expected?

The sensor readout drive operates in 12bit in video mode. To output Bayer RAW it has to stay at the same readout bitdepth, because you can't downscale RAW data to a lower bitdepth RAW.

2 hours ago, androidlad said:

Why is 10bit expected?

The sensor readout drive operates in 12bit in video mode. To output Bayer RAW it has to stay at the same readout bitdepth, because you can't downscale RAW data to a lower bitdepth RAW.

Good point... then this is sort of a big deal. 12 bit raw in any flavor is huge. Wow is all I can say.

4 hours ago, androidlad said:

Why is 10bit expected?

Out of curiosity, then why does the C200 have 12bit and 10bit Raw?

Also, the 5D3 has 14bit, 12bit and 10bit?