Mean IQ Of dpreview Members?

Snowbro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
3 hours ago, kaylee said:

damn, @BTM_Pix... sounds complex.

This guy is a parody news reporter but sums the lunacy of the situation up.

Increasingly, the real news reporters are getting so exasperated dealing with the politicians over this absolute catastrofuck that a few of them are on the point of similar rants.

i'm a long way away from england and the eu. but i'm struggling to find a link between the average iq of dpreview forum members and britex ....maybe thats why britain wants out too many dpreview members in the eu perhaps ?

7 hours ago, kaylee said:

thats my dad

i like your dad ?

here in aus, we are not even allowed to play with fire crackers anymore to have a cannon would be tremendous fun?

• Super Members
1 hour ago, leslie said:

I'm struggling to find a link between the average iq of dpreview forum members and britex ....maybe thats why britain wants out too many dpreview members in the eu perhaps ?

No, we suspect many of the posters there eat vegan sausage rolls and as a nation we hate that shit.

18 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

No, we suspect many of the posters there eat vegan sausage rolls and as a nation we hate that shit.

your right that vegan crap will kill you, best not to go anywhere near it, i'd be asking mister trump for extra cash to build some of your own walls. while your at it use some of those funds to get a bmp4k so that you could document the whole process for posterity ?

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

This guy is a parody news reporter but sums the lunacy of the situation up.

Increasingly, the real news reporters are getting so exasperated dealing with the politicians over this absolute catastrofuck that a few of them are on the point of similar rants.

OMG. this... is just way too similar to whats goin on in the US right now. everybody hates each other ?

this cannot be a coincidence....... #maga is really sweeping the globe, im so happy for you guys ?

i was watching some stuff, trying to figure out what just happened... still dunno but i love the yelling. its v pro wrestling how everybody cheers and boos. the pointy finger lady really reminds me of hildogg

Brexit sure is a fascinating thing to watch.

I know it's not in-keeping with the level of content on this thread, but there's a pretty good coverage and explanation of it on this channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSMqateX8OA2s1wsOR2EgJA

I'm not sure how biased their analysis is, but they explain the logic and options of the situation pretty clearly, you know, if you're into that sort of thing :)

• Super Members
2 hours ago, kye said:

Brexit sure is a fascinating thing to watch.

I know it's not in-keeping with the level of content on this thread, but there's a pretty good coverage and explanation of it on this channel.

How dare you try and drag the Brexit debate down to the level of citing sources that seek to bring facts, logic and reason into it.

That is so last century.

Joking aside, there is some very dark and troubling stuff involved in the whole debacle irrespective of which side of the vote people came down on.

"We want our country back" was and still is one of the mantras of the Leave side but what the past 2 1/2 years has shown is that we don't actually know what that country is, how it works and who runs it.

We are currently 60 million people with irreconcilable differences going through the messiest divorce of all time.

Forget the division from the EU, it is the self division that will echo longer and louder after we've got "our" country back.

21 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

That is so last century.

LOL!

21 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Joking aside, there is some very dark and troubling stuff involved in the whole debacle irrespective of which side of the vote people came down on.

"We want our country back" was and still is one of the mantras of the Leave side but what the past 2 1/2 years has shown is that we don't actually know what that country is, how it works and who runs it.

We are currently 60 million people with irreconcilable differences going through the messiest divorce of all time.

Forget the division from the EU, it is the self division that will echo longer and louder after we've got "our" country back.

I read an interesting book called Visions by Michio Kaku and one of the things he talked about was where we are in our evolution as a civilisation.  

According to The Kardashev scale, which is a system to categorise civilisations:

• A Type I civilization—also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy available on its planet.
  • A Type II civilization—also called a stellar civilization—can harness the total energy of its planet's parent star (the most popular hypothetical concept being the Dyson sphere—a device which would encompass the entire star and transfer its energy to the planet(s)).
  • A Type III civilization—also called a galactic civilization—can control energy on the scale of its entire host galaxy.

Michio Kaku argued that we are actually a Type 0 civilisation going through the rough transition to become a Type 1 civilisation.  He said that everything you read about in the newspaper and all the significant aspects of the news are related to this process.  He mentioned things like the internet being a Type 1 civilisation telephone and data network, globalisation as being a Type 1 civilisation economic forum, etc.

This creates enormous change within society, especially considering the difference between how culturally isolated the pre-baby boomer and baby boomer generations were growing up and how completely not isolated they are now from a large spectrum of languages, cultures, religions, and races.  Growing up, everyone looked like them, talked like them, valued what they valued, etc.  When things change too fast people resist and want to wind back the clock, which is what has caused things like Brexit, the rise of nationalist political parties, ISIS, etc.  Those who are old enough will remember that terrorists didn't used to be called terrorists - they used to mainly be called 'separatists' because they were people wanting to remain separate - to not mix with other people who were different/inferior to them.

In short, we're being forced to learn to get along, and most people don't like it and want to just make the people they don't like go away.

Personally, the UK has a special place in my heart because they made a nice place to live by stealing wealth from other countries, and are now shocked (SHOCKED!!) that those people want to move to the UK and enjoy it too.

Yeah I have not really followed Brexit much, but it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if they do. Their big problem, like ours, is the Immigration thing. Might be too late for Britain, they have ignored it too long from what I read. I am not too big of a fan of a wall in the USA, but I see no other real way to stop it. Well at least slow it down a lot.

39 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah I have not really followed Brexit much, but it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if they do. Their big problem, like ours, is the Immigration thing. Might be too late for Britain, they have ignored it too long from what I read. I am not too big of a fan of a wall in the USA, but I see no other real way to stop it. Well at least slow it down a lot.

A wall just seems so primitive. I watched a video some dude made about a motion detect drone system. Seems practical and cheap. 

• Super Members
1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Their big problem, like ours, is the Immigration thing. Might be too late for Britain, they have ignored it too long from what I read. 

The big problem with the immigration thing with respect to it being a reason for leaving the EU is that it is erroneously considered to be a thing in the first place.

The UK, along with every other EU member, has always had the right to expel citizens of other member states after 3 months of economic inactivity.

It has just never had the will, the means or the wit to do it and the more cynical amongst us would suggest why that fact was allowed to fly under the radar is that it better served the political purpose of some to weaponise immigration instead.

Yet, somehow the anti-EU lobby managed to convince people that only by leaving the union would we be "taking back control" of something we always had control of anyway.

As a result we've now got three million economically active EU workers in the UK (contributing around £2.3K each more per year to the exchequer than UK citizens by the way and providing 7% of our National Health Service staff) who have been portrayed as a "problem" to further the anti EU agenda and who have been made to feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

We'll need more of these mythical stronger border controls to keep these people in rather than out.

22 hours ago, leslie said:

here in aus, we are not even allowed to play with fire crackers anymore to have a cannon would be tremendous fun?

You CAN have fire crackers in Australia but only on Territory day and only in the Northern Territory.         

Several decades ago I was allowed to buy a smallish black powder cannon in a shop in George St Sydney but I had to get it out of the state.      It never did get used (pity though I probably would have just blown myself up).

3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

A wall just seems so primitive. I watched a video some dude made about a motion detect drone system. Seems practical and cheap. 

I think putting out a bunch of landmine signs would be the most effective strategy 

11 hours ago, kye said:

I read an interesting book called Visions by Michio Kaku and one of the things he talked about was where we are in our evolution as a civilisation.  

According to The Kardashev scale, which is a system to categorise civilisations:

Michio Kaku argued that we are actually a Type 0 civilisation going through the rough transition to become a Type 1 civilisation.  He said that everything you read about in the newspaper and all the significant aspects of the news are related to this process.  He mentioned things like the internet being a Type 1 civilisation telephone and data network, globalisation as being a Type 1 civilisation economic forum, etc.

Do you know about the Fermi Paradox?

" In 1966, Sagan and Shklovskii speculated that technological civilizations will either tend to destroy themselves within a century of developing interstellar communicative capability or master their self-destructive tendencies and survive for billion-year timescales."

I believe we chose the first one.

40 minutes ago, noone said:

You CAN have fire crackers in Australia but only on Territory day and only in the Northern Territory.         

Several decades ago I was allowed to buy a smallish black powder cannon in a shop in George St Sydney but I had to get it out of the state.      It never did get used (pity though I probably would have just blown myself up).

western australia and the northern territory and tasmania are the only places i haven't visited yet( other countries don't really count ? sorry to you other countries but its true ? ). i really should get out more, maybe when the bmp4k arrives i'll have added incentive to do something about that. i have a suspicion that that you may be able to get fireworks in canberra too. which is pretty hypocritical all things considered. actually anything that could reduce the politician count per state would be a good thing so maybe they should all get to play with fireworks and guns inside the borders of canberra. hey what happens in canberra stays in canberra right ? 

fireworks sounds like fun but i confess i would like all my fingers and toes to stay where they are. i also have a kilo of blackpowder lying around somwhere maybe we should meetup on territory day sometime. we could document the day with our cameras at a suitably safe distance behind your cannon ?

4 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I don't know if I object. You'd have to be crazy to try to wade through a minefield. ?

what happens if stevie wonder  decides to go for a walk ?

57 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Do you know about the Fermi Paradox?

" In 1966, Sagan and Shklovskii speculated that technological civilizations will either tend to destroy themselves within a century of developing interstellar communicative capability or master their self-destructive tendencies and survive for billion-year timescales."

I believe we chose the first one.

Yes, I'm familiar with it.  It's definitely a hard question to answer, that's for sure!