Why So Many Canadians Do Photo/Video For A Living?

Snowbro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

No they don't.

They you go with your generalizations again.
I can appreciate your good ole' boy style Webrunner...but you seem to be the perfect cliche of myopic flag waving ignorance. I wish you well in that. Ugh.

No I have lived long enough, and have met literary thousands and thousands of people in my life. Traveled all over the world except the Far far east,  been in 2 wars,  seen lots of people die, so I have a good view of what people, and peoples are like. So What I have seen from our Northern friends is a complete difference from the people in the USA, good or bad. So that has been my observations. You don't have to like them or me. No big deal. I am stating what I have seen through my travels. You want to to lie about it?

Yeah the United States is full of a lot of Cowboys, risk takers, outspoken people, move or get the heck out of the way people. Not content with the old boy club stuff. Traditions, nah that is old school. The US is a fast paced moving forward environment. Ever changing. And opportunity to become a millionaire no matter who you are if you want, to be anything you want.

I just seen yesterday the average American lives in 11 houses in their life. That is how many I have lived in, and am moving again. Mobile, that is what this country is, not the same old stuff, but new challenges, new opportunities. No place like it in the world. I would not live anyplace else. I would feel restricted, everyone the same way like a lot of countries I have visited elsewhere. There is more diversity in this country than anyplace on earth. And that is what makes it interesting and exciting to live in. The diversity of it's people and landscapes, climates, on and on..

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

No I have lived long enough, and have met literary thousands and thousands of people in my life. Traveled all over the world except the Far far east, so I have a good view of what people, and peoples are like. So What I have seen from our Northern friends is a complete difference from the people in the USA, good or bad. So that has been my observations. You don't have to like them or me. No big deal. I am not waving the flag at all. I am stating what I have seen through my travels. You want to to lie about it?

Man you always default to those same tired old lines "I've lived so long, got so much cash, drank so much booze, took so many crazy huge steaming shits etc. But the world has moved on. Yes you are entitled to your experiences, however bizarre. But I dare you to go spend some years living in Europe (away from the insular American military brat pack that was most probably a huge part of your overseas swaddling cloth) I will absolutely guarantee that you will have miserable time. Of course you will say "I don't want to go live in Europe...I'm happy here in Idaho or Ohio." but that does not negate the fact that a guy with your values would take a shit kicking outside your currently safe confines. I'm trying to be polite here amigo :)
And for the record... I also find many Canadians fucking lame. But still.

I have been all over Europe. Other than Naples, Italy, pass. Oh and I have done all those things you mentioned. Thanks. No I actually did most of my traveling overseas with a company I worked for. And I went to a lot of places with my wife for Archeological digs in a lot off the beaten path countries.

Nah, no hero, just did my job. Just like lots of others did. Helped Make it a safer world so you could be on here. ?

30 minutes ago, User said:

And for the record... I also find many Canadians fucking lame. But still.

Oh I would not go that far LoL. I Never stated that! They are fine upstanding ,God fearing people. It is just to me they just take stuff way too serious. Is that a fault? Probably not. Canada is a well oiled machine. They have a lot to be proud about. Everyplace is special in the world to the people that live there. Or they would not live there LoL. There are a Lot of breathtaking, beautiful places in the world I have seen.

I wonder what David Bowie would say about all this?

Webrunner, stop for a second and lean in a bit. Listen amigo, anyone can say anything on the 'innernet.' But this doesn't make it true. As in film, the trick is to not tell, but to show.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:12 AM, Kisaha said:

@BTM_Pix I was watching the first Flying Circus episodes this weekend. Again! 

How's British TV these days? I remember some great shows when I was living there. Ideal, Mighty Boosh, Garth Marenghi's Dark Place, Peep show, Nighty Night, Modern Toss, Big Train, Morris, Iannucci, Partridge, so many stuff!

I recognize half those names! As for the other half..... now I've got something new to watch ? Thanks

• Super Members
3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I recognize half those names! As for the other half..... now I've got something new to watch ? Thanks

Have a look at The Thick Of It as well.

If you can't find the boxsets then there is usually a live improv version of it currenty running pretty much every day on the BBC Parliament channel...

2 hours ago, kaylee said:

such a great response ?

While he was in college, a professor had them write a 15 page research paper. Upon completing it, he told him good job; now intelligently articulate it concisely, into 5 pages. Being the A student that webrunner5 was, he gladly obliged, spending many late hours to condense his weeks long research. The next day, he proudly handed his professor the 5 page paper. With a smirk, the instructor told him to make it one paragraph. Utterly frustrated, webrunner5 swiftly grabbed his precious research paper out of the professors hands and... tore it into four hundred and sixty two pieces. Scowling at the evil conformist, he told them to "shove those pieces where the sun don't shine". Smiling ear to ear, webrunner walked out of the university and into the United States Navy recruitment office, he signed up that very day. Ironically, while deployed abroad, he meticulously practiced condensing his thoughts. For years, he perfected this art, eventually winning him the noble title of "WebRunner", but this name was soon stripped from him, as he typed one too many words, helping you very people. He instead was demoted to "webrunner5". So you see, this is why he does what he does. It is to one day regain his prized title of the.... WebRunner

8 hours ago, Snowbro said:

While he was in college, a professor had them write a 15 page research paper. Upon completing it, he told him good job; now intelligently articulate it concisely, into 5 pages. Being the A student that webrunner5 was, he gladly obliged, spending many late hours to condense his weeks long research. The next day, he proudly handed his professor the 5 page paper. With a smirk, the instructor told him to make it one paragraph. Utterly frustrated, webrunner5 swiftly grabbed his precious research paper out of the professors hands and... tore it into four hundred and sixty two pieces. Scowling at the evil conformist, he told them to "shove those pieces where the sun don't shine". Smiling ear to ear, webrunner walked out of the university and into the United States Navy recruitment office, he signed up that very day. Ironically, while deployed abroad, he meticulously practiced condensing his thoughts. For years, he perfected this art, eventually winning him the noble title of "WebRunner", but this name was soon stripped from him, as he typed one too many words, helping you very people. He instead was demoted to "webrunner5". So you see, this is why he does what he does. It is to one day regain his prized title of the.... WebRunner

I don't often read post like this one here... but when I do ?

On 1/8/2019 at 6:49 AM, webrunner5 said:

Helped Make it a safer world so you could be on here.

Wow, tell us more - how much barrel of beer or something more sophisticated used in front of cable TV is needed first to believe in, thеn to casually spread this American peacemaker's nonsense?