What you can do with a FHD 60p no ibis no AF camera

wolf33d

39 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Is he banned on this site, or juat taking a brake?

It is funny that most people going from here, to the general audiences, like DPR and youtube posts. EosHD seems like the college of Visual Internet Debate!

I don't think so; he started being really extra irritating and nasty to everyone, Andrew was about to ban him. Andrew asked if we think he should ban him, some of us said no and he started being more rational, then stopped posting. He got called out for some really weird comments about filming underaged girls and wanting to share the footage (in a joking manner?). I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but you never know. None of us probably actually know him, we likely do not know his intents. He created a toxic environment and derailed threads from my perspective, but I bet he has helped some people at some point lol. 

On 10/17/2018 at 9:53 AM, Andrew Reid said: "So whilst @jonpais is calling EOSHD "fake news" and telling me how to run the site, perhaps he should realise one thing. I am a bit disappointed by his remarks. All the squabbling on the forums over the past few months from him and the Sony fanboyism in every subject, treating some threads like his own private inbox for chats and arguments, all leave a bitter taste for me because he's a long-time member. He seems to have gone from productive posting in the early days of the forum about Panasonic, up through being rewarded by being promoted to a mod, back down to being a non-mod due to bad behaviour, and now he's cruising for a bruising or even a ban. I just find that incredibly self destructive."

Andrew is quite articulate, summed it up pretty good. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 hours ago, Snowbro said:

None of us probably actually know him, we likely do not know his intents. He created a toxic environment and derailed threads from my perspective, but I bet he has helped some people at some point lol. 

When I was seriously considering the A7III and GH5 and trying to understand the lens options etc, I PM'd with @jonpais about his experiences and he was really helpful and wrote me quite a few long and informative messages.  This despite he and I seriously butting heads a few times in the general forum.  I don't claim to know him, but I can see that he has a lot to offer - unfortunately other factors got in the way.

• Super Members

In Jon's defence, if I had been at the receiving end of some of the snide innuendo that he was subjected to on here then I wouldn't have given a fuck about what I said to those people either.

I'd say he actually rose above a lot of it with far more restraint than I and many other people would have done.

The hypocrisy of some was laid bare when one of the earlier footage releases from the Pocket 4K featured what in a different era would have been euphamistically referred to as Lolita content. Was this content scorned on this board? Nah, just the technical aspects of it pored over of course.

I don't know whether he is banned from here or just choosing to stay away but obviously his posts towards the end of his last period of activity on here would suggest the former.

And if not then some of them certainly read as an attempt at assisted banning as does one of his posts on his own blog.

There is no doubt Jon was a divisive presence at times - a fact to which he latterly attested and apologised to some posters individually for - but there are a few people who need to think about their role in the toxicity.

I don't know about the title of this thread anymore though man. The A7SII is 4k with IBIS, it was like the two big features of the camera coming from the original A7S that only had 1080p and no IBIS. 

I agree with the idea of this thread though I'd be more impressed if it was shot on a GH2 or something. 

11 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I don't know about the title of this thread anymore though man. The A7SII is 4k with IBIS, it was like the two big features of the camera coming from the original A7S that only had 1080p and no IBIS. 

I agree with the idea of this thread though I'd be more impressed if it was shot on a GH2 or something. 

Maybe the 4K & IBIS is soo bad he thought it was only shot on FHD and no IBIS ?