From 6d to GH3, is it worth it?

Kangaroo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, mercer said:

Very cool. Are there any online, I’d love to see how the GX85 holds up.

Knock yourself out.  Caveat:  I was hired as a director and then ultimately didn't have that responsibility.  

Production drama silliness.

So, not thrilled about the situation there or the final product, but you can see the footage.

https://video.kpbs.org/show/reflect/extras/

webrunner5, I just looked it up. Interesting method though it appears you need an external recorder. 

18 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Knock yourself out.  Caveat:  I was hired as a director and then ultimately didn't have that responsibility.  

Production drama silliness.

So, not thrilled about the situation there or the final product, but you can see the footage.

https://video.kpbs.org/show/reflect/extras/

Beautiful footage. 

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

webrunner5, I just looked it up. Interesting method though it appears you need an external recorder. 

Beautiful footage. 

Yeah Philip Bloom is the first one that I know of that found a way to do it. Probably from his past experiences. All he does is  drops the 50i footage into a 25P timeline that I know of?

The C100 is just such a nice camera. Amazing beautiful output using what is on paper a crap Codec. Doesn't make any sense.. Magic I guess. Canon seems to have a few like that LoL The original 5D was like that also.Crazy good wedding camera. Look at the 5D mk II. Dumb luck more than anything.

God takes care of children and stupid ass camera company's Board of Directors I guess LoL. ?

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah Philip Bloom is the first one that I know of that found a way to do it. Probably from his past experiences. All he does is  drops the 50i footage into a 25P timeline that I know of?

The C100 is just such a nice camera. Amazing beautiful output using what is on paper a crap Codec. Doesn't make any sense.. Magic I guess. Canon seems to have a few like that LoL The original 5D was like that also.Crazy good wedding camera. Look at the 5D mk II. Dumb luck more than anything.

God takes care of children and stupid ass camera company's Board of Directors I guess LoL. ?

Yeah I think being a low MP sensor helped. Its pretty clean up to 12,800 iso. I wish they'd put it in a smaller body with 60p and PDAF, and IBIS ?

I'd buy it

17 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah I think being a low MP sensor helped. Its pretty clean up to 12,800 iso. I wish they'd put it in a smaller body with 60p and PDAF, and IBIS ?

I'd buy it

Honestly, I think a filmmaker like yourself would be better off with a C100 or FS5, etc... you are a talented narrative filmmaker... go grab a cinema camera, with all of their bells and whistles and let the camera help you rather fussing about with these hybrids and their auto-everything.  

9 minutes ago, mercer said:

Honestly, I think a filmmaker like yourself would be better off with a C100 or FS5, etc... you are a talented narrative filmmaker... go grab a cinema camera, with all of their bells and whistles and let the camera help you rather fussing about with these hybrids and their auto-everything.  

I got a Sony F3, and then sold it. I am just too used to the tiny camera thing. For real my takeaway after going through the camera craze is that my OG GH2 was fine for most projects lol. There are times when the new tech comes in handy. The Fuji XT3 is nice though, pretty much as nice as anything I can afford I would say. I am probably going to be doing a lot of weddings this year. Auto focus and all that BS comes in handy. 

Also thank you for the compliment 

4 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I got a Sony F3, and then sold it. I am just too used to the tiny camera thing. For real my takeaway after going through the camera craze is that my OG GH2 was fine for most projects lol. There are times when the new tech comes in handy. The Fuji XT3 is nice though, pretty much as nice as anything I can afford I would say. I am probably going to be doing a lot of weddings this year. Auto focus and all that BS comes in handy. 

That is definitely true. I still think the GH2 has a very valid place in today’s filmmaking. And the X-T3 is obviously a great little camera but I wonder if a C100 with the built in NDs and DPAF would better  suit you. They’re really not that big. And the FS5 is even smaller. And either of those cameras are great for wedding videos. 

2 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

The C100?

I think he means hybrids are half assed. And he has a point. If you want to shoot video, you may as well get a video camera. 

11 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

The C100?

No I am saying to buy a C100. Hell if you buy one with the battery charged all you have to do is throw a mike on it, a cheap SD card in and away you go. Don't need no 4,000 dollar computer to edit the footage. No spending all day to correct the colors, and hell if you get one with DPAF it might actually be in focus using a cheap ass EF-S lens. No cage shit, no battery solution from hell, just killer sharp 1080p footage. Not sure what else a person needs?

4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

No I am saying to buy a C100. Hell if you buy one with the battery charged all you have to do is throw a mike on it, and SD card in and away you go. Don't need no 4,000 dollar computer to edit the footage. No spending all day to correct the colors, and hell if you get one with DPAF it might actually be in focus using a cheap ass EF-S lens.. Not sure what else a person needs?

Fuji has pretty nice colors without grading, its actually the reason I switched over from Panasonic. But yeah it probably is a good way to go, though no 60p. 

8 minutes ago, mercer said:

That is definitely true. I still think the GH2 has a very valid place in today’s filmmaking. And the X-T3 is obviously a great little camera but I wonder if a C100 with the built in NDs and DPAF would better  suit you. They’re really not that big. And the FS5 is even smaller. And either of those cameras are great for wedding videos. 

I think he means hybrids are half assed. And he has a point. If you want to shoot video, you may as well get a video camera. 

Built in ND's would be nice. I can't really say anything about C100 auto focus as I've never used it. Yeah I forgot the C100 is actually pretty small. I'd not go for an FS5 as I am color blind and need either a Canon or Fuji to rely on lol. I might pick one up if I find a really good deal on it. I need three cameras for shooting, a used C100 might a good option third camera. Continuous recording is nice. 

3 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Fuji has pretty nice colors without grading, its actually the reason I switched over from Panasonic. But yeah it probably is a good way to go, though no 60p. 

Built in ND's would be nice. I can't really say anything about C100 auto focus as I've never used it. Yeah I forgot the C100 is actually pretty small. I'd not go for an FS5 as I am color blind and need either a Canon or Fuji to rely on lol. I might pick one up if I find a really good deal on it. I need three cameras for shooting, a used C100 might a good option third camera. Continuous recording is nice. 

Sure looks like it can do slo mo to me.

8 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

We spend a lot of time here talking about different systems, but remember to take into account the practicalities of actually owning multiple systems.

Fuji and Canon both have nice colours, but they don't have the same colours, so there would be work in post to match them, especially in scenes like the wedding ceremony where I imagine you've got a multi-camera setup and are cutting between them frequently in the final edit.

There's also the advantages of having compatible lenses, media, etc.  Unless you knew that you were always going to use the C100 with the wide, and the Fuji always with the long lens, but I suspect that's not the case.

Yeah having 2 different systems is a pain in the ass even if you have money to do it. Video is enough of a pain if everything is right, let alone adding to the problems. And not having 4K in the C100 I can see could be a problem for some. There is no real good solution to any of this sad to say. Always a catch.

7 minutes ago, kye said:

We spend a lot of time here talking about different systems, but remember to take into account the practicalities of actually owning multiple systems.

Fuji and Canon both have nice colours, but they don't have the same colours, so there would be work in post to match them, especially in scenes like the wedding ceremony where I imagine you've got a multi-camera setup and are cutting between them frequently in the final edit.

There's also the advantages of having compatible lenses, media, etc.  Unless you knew that you were always going to use the C100 with the wide, and the Fuji always with the long lens, but I suspect that's not the case.

Very true. For weddings my setup now is two cameras doing closer shots (xt3 and XH1) and a third static camera taking a continuous recording. Of course any camera can do continuous recording with an external recorder. The easiest option in terms of grading would be another Fuji camera, but that is boring. ? For wedding a continuous wide shot shouldn't be hard to match in post, vs doing a bunch of random clips. 

Getting pretty off topic now though lol