When will we see afforadble EVF's?

Mako Sports

Just now, Anaconda_ said:

How is that powered? I can't see any space for a battery, and looks like you can only use that DC 7-24v socket. That alone makes it difficult on smaller systems. The Zacuto EVF runs on LP-E6, which makes it a better solution in that respect.

Hopefully I'm just missing something though.

Plug in power I guess. For a camera like E2 with NPF style batteries that you can get with power out function it's a pretty nice/sleek offering. The gratical Eye also doesn't have battery option.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 3/13/2019 at 4:56 AM, Anaconda_ said:

How is that powered? I can't see any space for a battery, and looks like you can only use that DC 7-24v socket. That alone makes it difficult on smaller systems. The Zacuto EVF runs on LP-E6, which makes it a better solution in that respect.

Hopefully I'm just missing something though.

I hope its not like the gratical eye where u need dptap to power it

On 3/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, Mmmbeats said:

I recently put together a Zacuto EVF and Z-finder - that's the original EVF that predates the Gratical stuff - for quite a reasonable price.  The resolution is low in comparison with contemporary camera EVF's, but it's sufficient for nailing focus, and the device is exceptionally well-featured (False Color, 1:1 pixel zoom, even Anamorphic de-squeeze!).

I don't know if these are still in production, but there are still brand new items available in the wild.

I got the EVF Flip brand new (clearance discounted) for 369 Pounds ( 480 US $), and the Z-finder Grade A ex-demo, with an additional mounting plate for 246 Pounds (321 $), which is not bad overall.

Probably someone like SmallHD is gonna make a great budget EVF to make me regret my purchase, lol.

product_detailed_image_30997_1118.jpg

People not impressed with my budget EVF then?

13 hours ago, IronFilm said:

$1.2K? Nah I'll pass

Yep, me to. Disappointing but expected. I'm sure someone will come to the party under the $800 mark soon.

I mean it's so hard to justify that price when I could just buy a whole GH5 for the same price with pretty good EVF built in + camera on top.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

Looks good, not really "affordable" either though.

Would have been cool if they made it more universal (or made some kind of break out plug for it) as I'm sure they would sell a ton more of them at the size and price over Zacuto. But then again I have a suspicion it's probably made by Zacuto and they may have an agreement to keep it proprietary.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, FranciscoB said:

Shit. Almost there. Give a guy an hdmi out and we're good to go. While you see trough the evf, someone else can see on an monitor with the hdmi out. The more expensive model previously released has a fan and is noisy... Hope they dont do that mistake again.

Why not just plug this in from the HDMI out on a monitor, then you could do just that.

• 2 weeks later...