Settings for my Nx1

hugo_lennart

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I use Gamma DR and set the RGB sliders to 1.88, 1.85, and 1.95. I pretty much leave them there always, seems to get me the results I want. It's important to either white balance to a known setting (such as Daylight) or to a greycard exposed exactly in the middle, otherwise the white balance is very bad. I tend to underexpose just a little, as I find that the color response is better on the low end vs the high end of the range.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mokara I will change camera settings sometimes for a specific creative look, but 95% of the time I keep them locked as above because I'm confident with how that will look in relationship to what the real world lighting looks like, and I'm comfortable grading that image. Being familiar with the specific image removes the need for expensive color-calibrated monitors on set, since you know in your head what it will look like. If I want the look to change, I adjust lighting.