Very High Hours/Low Cost FS7. Could use some help.

FreshGiant

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Other than the Fan and some Buttons, I don't think there is many things that can go wrong with a Cine camera like the FS7. Sounds like a nice deal to me. Not much more than a FS5 to be honest. Check for Hot Pixels though. Only thing that would worry me.

Shouldn't a camera like that have available parts? (although you wouldn't want to pay the bill to replace the sensor I'd imagine..)

20 minutes ago, kye said:

Shouldn't a camera like that have available parts? (although you wouldn't want to pay the bill to replace the sensor I'd imagine..)

I am sure they do. But I would imagine most people would not be to keen at taking one apart to replace the part, and the cost to have Sony do it would be, well pretty expensive I bet! Not counting they would have your camera for 2 months probably before you get it back. I still think it is a great buy for that money. Especially if there is some grace period where you can use it for, and send it back if it looks like a truck ran over it. ? A FS7 is pretty much a no excuses camera, and Pro looking as hell.

My completely unscientific method shows me that this camera must have worked for 600 days.

I have seen FS7 AND FS7ii that some times stuck, and we have to remove the battery for a hard reset, but otherwise are workhorse cameras very well regarded in the industry.

Hot pixels would be my main issue also.

Look at the camera (if everything is alright from the outside, it may have been treated well), and do some tests and continuous recording.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:31 AM, FreshGiant said:

but I could get it for $4k.

That is a hell of a good deal!

If the camera is in otherwise good nick, and has no known flaws, then I'd be pulling whatever deals/loans/favors that I could if had that offer to buy a FS7 kit at that price from a local rental house.