Samsung NX1 autofocus woes

Big_Steel

So I've got an NX1 and 16-50f/2-2.8 that I bought used about 1.5 years ago.

I bought it mainly for video with manual lenses and so haven't actually used it a ton for photography. I never used it enough to really get comfortable with it, and always preferred using a Canon instead.

Anyway, I'm on vacation in Bermuda for the holidays and I've been using it more. Although I did just slightly dent the drive dial on the left and now it won't turn and the ISO button won't push. Jeez...

Some of the issues that I's had pop up in the past are really getting to me. Anyone else experience these problems?:

(Both body and lens are on the most recent firmware)

1. Lens only opens up to f/2.8, not f/2 (although I'm pretty sure it used to in the past)

2. If I focus and recompose, even with the shutter button half-pushed, the camera will drift out of focus.

3. The camera will often just fail to focus. Good light, lost of contrast, single-point AF - like, an unbelievably easy scene on which to focus - hunting back and forth, and then it fails.

4. Infinity focus seems especially poor...I'll sometimes switch the camera into manual focus and infinity just isn't there! I've got in on 8x magnification, and the ring just won't get me there! In fact, sometimes I'll try to use AF, then when it fails, switch to MF. The 8x mag shows me the shot is out of focus, so I turn the ring...nothing...then turn it more out of focus and try to turn it back into focus...and it won't even focus as far as it just had in auto! Infuriating! 

Anyway, as I type this list I realise that I've probably got a funky setup...

Still, any help is appreciated!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have that camera and that lens. Yes all those things besides #4 have happened to me. I sent the lens in when it wouldn't go past f2.8 (but that was before Samsung dropped out of cameras). Think your lens is prob just broken and I don't know who can fix it. When I sent mine in they sent me a completely new lens. 

My auto focus issues I've generally chalked up to personal inexperience so I don't know. When I shoot a burst mode series of images like half are focused behind the subject (who are stationary). Like I said, I prob just suck lol. 

The lens is definitely 2f at its widest, but it goes up quickly. It is already 2.8f after 32mm (I believe).

I have AF issues mostly on low lit conditions, otherwise, the AF performance is truly impressive for a 2014/15 camera.

You should find another lens to check, or try to find a servicing center.