2019: Are we Finally There???

sanveer

1 hour ago, Ivko Pivko said:

Just coffee with my dripping coffee machine, on-off after five minutes and some lights that change the temperature and dim to let know my children that it's time to relax and get ready to go to bed. No smart speakers eavesdropping all conversations, appart from Siri in the mobile of course, but that now is unavoidable.

The real problem with IoT devices is internet security. This happened while I was in an internet protocols class and made for some good discussion: https://www.techtimes.com/articles/183339/20161024/massive-dyn-ddos-attack-experts-blame-smart-fridges-dvrs-and-other-iot-devices-why-your-internet-went-down.htm

How good is the security on your coffee machine? Making coffee one day, being leveraged to attack Twitter tomorrow, and providing a backdoor into your home network the day after. It's worth being wary of cheap, internet-enabled devices with little to no security.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/183339/20161024/massive-dyn-ddos-attack-experts-blame-smart-fridges-dvrs-and-other-iot-devices-why-your-internet-went-down.htm

How good is the security on your coffee machine? Making coffee one day, being leveraged to attack Twitter tomorrow, and providing a backdoor into your home network the day after. It's worth being wary of cheap, internet-enabled devices with little to no security.

That is actually scary and wasn't aware of.

And speaking on the mobile thing. I found the trailer for Session 9. I remember going to the cinema because I wanted to see the digital revolution happening and got shocked of how bad it was sometimes in compare with film. That was Cinealta guys. It looks like "natural" profile on the iphone in some of the shots now.

26 minutes ago, Ivko Pivko said:

C'mon @Kisaha , don't Brawley us. A shift in the industry marks either a point were manufacturers enter in high gear and make our tools better to avoid the bleeding or abandon ship. It's going to be interesting at least.

And remember, mobile market has reach saturation, they can grow on some aspects like video now, that lights the fire under traditional camera manufacturers (Sony fails at mobile by now outside of sensors) at their low-mid end cameras as they did previously with point and shoots. Bloggers, instagramers and influencers (hate that word) could very well soon skip 1" sensor cameras and mirrorless to stay mobile.

On the other side, when you got horrendous quality first films or serials "shot on mobile" (as I remember with digital in cinealta's Session 9) suddenly you find the quality good enough for some productions. 

Ergonomics/battery consumption/various video features/high iso performance and so many others, are hot topics for years, and suddenly a sensor smaller than my finger nail, on a device slimmer than my finger are enough for pro's to earn their bread?

Even the S9+ performance is laughable against some of my older cameras, but we bought it exactly for that to have one of the best imaging performance on Android land.

Do not know what "Brawley us" mean. 

50 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Do not know what "Brawley us" mean. 

Don't worry about it. Peace.

51 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Ergonomics/battery consumption/various video features/high iso performance and so many others, are hot topics for years, and suddenly a sensor smaller than my finger nail, on a device slimmer than my finger are enough for pro's to earn their bread?

All of what you say it's still very important but we're entering again on the slippery subject of what a pro is. Nobody's going to make a Marvel film on an iPhone, but maybe the next low budget ball buster, record breaker will.

I just was pointing out that camera-form-factor jumpshipping could be a trend for '19. Other than that, I'm interested in seeing if that forces manufacturers to stop giving us half featured packages and finally sell fully useful products in different form factors. I'd love an RX100VII with either a mic input or a hot shoe adapter. A GH6 with dual phase AF or similar or a Sony with a tilty swively screen. Maybe even Canon can do something about shooting 60p on the R for all the users that still have EF lenses like me (has it been fixed already?).

All in all '19 is looking like a wait, see and save year. 

4 hours ago, Ivko Pivko said:

I didn't wanted to say it. I'm sure once they have the supply chain in control they'll try a second time, improving the mistakes and maybe getting rid of the holographic screen to reduce the price.

The new update with the XR is simply unbelievable. I wish I had it for the video I recorded for my work.

We're three now getting rid of our big heavy stuff counting with @webrunner5 , 2019 trend???

Just coffee with my dripping coffee machine, on-off after five minutes and some lights that change the temperature and dim to let know my children that it's time to relax and get ready to go to bed. No smart speakers eavesdropping all conversations, appart from Siri in the mobile of course, but that now is unavoidable.

I took these today with my Apple XS. First one is a photo, no extra lens, second one is a screen grab from a 4K 24p video with a Moment Tele lens attached. Both when clicked open have pretty amazing sharpness, and the colors are spot on both, and they are right ooc, no editing. Pretty amazing stuff from a phone. The gap is shrinking that is for sure.

And the 3rd shot is also a frame grab from the same little short I shot and it has amazing clarity on the street signs on the bottom left corner. This Video Smart HDR is pretty damn impressive. And these are all handheld to boot. And these we just using the iPhone photo, video app, not Filmic Pro. Haven't even tried it yet with the new update.

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0032 19.jpg

IMG_0032 14.jpg

Yeah mine are just to show how much detail this phone can have. I find the photo of the Tractors amazing. I mean I just jumped out of the car, walked 20 feet and shot. Now for the screen grabs I have not tried any editing or LuTs. Was just also impressed with the clarity of them. I can always tone down something, but you sure can't add what is not there. These new iPhones are the cats ass for something that is with you in your pocket all the time. Apple has some magic mojo going on here.

I might not live to see it, but man 5, 10 years from now this stuff is going to be unimaginable. The dream of affordable broadcast stuff, let alone some of it being able to be in your pocket, who would have even thought possible?

I have hardly scratched the surface on this thing, but one thing I have noticed a reasonable amount in the limited time I have used it, is a lot of Wonky looking lens flair in video and photo mode in sunny conditions. I Ain't liking that too much I can tell you that. I have seen the same thing in other people's videos so it isn't just my copy of phone doing it. That could be a bummer. There has been precious few moments of sunlight in the last week to check it out more. Time will tell I guess. Might be the first damn camera that needs a lens hood LoL. I hope not. Sure doesn't appear to be something you could fix in a Firmware update?

On 12/24/2018 at 10:14 AM, Ivko Pivko said:

And speaking on the mobile thing. I found the trailer for Session 9. I remember going to the cinema because I wanted to see the digital revolution happening and got shocked of how bad it was sometimes in compare with film. That was Cinealta guys. It looks like "natural" profile on the iphone in some of the shots now.

That was the HWD-F900, an extremely old camera by today's standards. 
And also way back then at the start of the digital era, then there was waaaaaaay less expertise in how to handle digital (from start through to post production) than we have today. 

On 12/24/2018 at 4:54 AM, webrunner5 said:

I have hardly scratched the surface on this thing, but one thing I have noticed a reasonable amount in the limited time I have used it, is a lot of Wonky looking lens flair in video and photo mode in sunny conditions. I Ain't liking that too much I can tell you that. I have seen the same thing in other people's videos so it isn't just my copy of phone doing it. That could be a bummer. There has been precious few moments of sunlight in the last week to check it out more. Time will tell I guess. Might be the first damn camera that needs a lens hood LoL. I hope not. Sure doesn't appear to be something you could fix in a Firmware update?

The new Filmic pro LOG2 changes the design of the flair. I don't even know how is that possible.

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

That was the HWD-F900, an extremely old camera by today's standards. 
And also way back then at the start of the digital era, then there was waaaaaaay less expertise in how to handle digital (from start through to post production) than we have today. 

I'm not dissing the film. I saw it in the cinema. I think it was 2002 when it arrived to Spain. I knew it was the beginning and I exited the cinema thinking that yes, it was the future but it still had shortcomings. Sixteen years later we have finally profiles that look better than the F900. Just going through the mobile film fest 2018 show that we're still not there but soon is going to be another viable tool for some productions (stealth shooting, shy people or scared of big cameras) without compromising image quality.

Filmconvert has announced profiles for the  iphones with filmic pro too. I'm just happy I can take less weight and size with Ryanair reducing more and more the stuff we can carry.