Any alternatives to a G80/85?

bluefonia

Thank you everyone for your inputs. As build in stabilization is a must I will get a G80/85

I can't speak to the G80/85 but as a recent GH5 buyer I can confidently say that the lenses are the other half of the picture, and if you have to stick to a budget then put some aside for great glass.

I have a pretty decent collection of glass - a couple of Zeiss Vario Sonnar's, complete set of Yashica ML primes , a Sigma 18-38 1,8 , a Samyang 12mm and a Panasonic kit zoom, well - and a speedbooster. These cover all my needs ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, bluefonia said:

Update. Just bought a used - march 2018, almost no use and still 1,5 year warranty left - for US$ 380. Very close to half price here in Denmark. Will arrive sometime next week.

Congrats! I've owned this camera twice now and never got along with it, I am however about to try it out again...

Across the pond here in Sweden they go for about 450-500 USD new, body only.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:35 AM, bluefonia said:

Update. Just bought a used - march 2018, almost no use and still 1,5 year warranty left - for US$ 380. Very close to half price here in Denmark. Will arrive sometime next week.

Nice! That is kinda the price I'm waiting for them to get to for when I do my upgrade from my Panasonic G6

Am sure that price will be quite common place enough by mid way through this new year. 

On 1/1/2019 at 8:12 AM, webrunner5 said:

Interesting rake on the G80 here.

lol! He calls the M50's excessive 4K crop a "positive" because it means he can get different focal lengths from the same lens

And then he tries to render the IBIS as sometimes a "negative" for the G85??

Biased much??

Nice! That is kinda the price I'm waiting for them to get to for when I do my upgrade from my Panasonic G6

Am sure that price will be quite common place enough by mid way through this new year. 

Yes, I guess I was pretty lucky with the price on the G80. Besides the GH4 that I mentioned earlier in this thread I also have a G6, - which was my first camera. Still a  good camera for 1080 in my view. 

The G80 should arrive here tomorrow. In particular I´m looking forward to try out the IBIS and - as I understand - the better lowlight performance compared to the GH4.

ol! He calls the M50's excessive 4K crop a "positive" because it means he can get different focal lengths from the same lens

And then he tries to render the IBIS as sometimes a "negative" for the G85??

Biased much??

Well, seems to me quite a few vloggers  spend most time in front of the camera. Another quite a few also seem to try to be comedians,  All together they might have other camera needs ?. .