Why Is Sony Fanboyism So Bad?

Snowbro

8 hours ago, noone said:

And yet if you look at the new Sony 135 1.8 lens, there are any number of anti-Sony people posting on THAT.   Go figure.

I am not interested on Sony 135 1.8 lens so I don't even look at that page, I don't waste time on reading stuff that is not interesting to me let alone write comment state it's a waste of time, I dont have time for that unfortunately, its been pretty busy season this year for me shooting videos, hardly get weekends free. A7III is a good work horse camera that I use daily for video jobs but I dont kiss ass on Sony or any other brands like many fanboy do. I m no brand royalist so I can get annoyed at those comment but seems like Sony fanboy is all over the internet at the moment, like literally any other brand of camera review will have Sony fanboy commenting Sony #1 etc

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 3/14/2019 at 1:47 PM, noone said:

Just go back a few years and see all the negative stuff about Sony and why Canon and Nikon were ever so much better.     Now, the SAME things from Canon and Nikon are like, meh, so what.    Nah, they are all as bad as each other. (Currently I do not have a working Sony camera and I have four working Canon cameras among others but I would still prefer a Sony for MY uses).

A few years back I experienced MFT get constant attacked from everyone that include Sony too, and still do to these days. But I dont go everwhere attacking other brand or boosting MFT on other brand's review, that just way too much free time at hand.

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Robert Collins said:

Seems odd to me to have a long thread bashing Sony users on the basis they go around bashing other brands!!

What goes around comes around. I think a tiny little thread to balance the thousands and thousands of trolls and paid commenters is ok. It can be a place for us camera agnostics to ventilate a little frustration :) 

53 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

Seems odd to me to have a long thread bashing Sony users on the basis they go around bashing other brands!!

its a fad, we'll get over it..... eventually but until then, and someone else more worthy comes along let the games continue ?  personally when a bunch of people all notice the same thing and comment on it, well its hard to dismiss it. I don't have a sony camera, i do however have 3 sony tv's so i don't think i am a sony hater. Some people buy stuff based on previous experience, some buy stuff from clever marketing and some people, god forbid, actually do research :blush: . The issue i think is a few get carried away with the hype and with the anonymity on the net which lets people say things with scant regard for other peoples sensitivities. I am of the opinion of use what you got, make the most of it. Bashing other brands isnt any different from bullying kids at school, just proves you never matured as far as i am concerned.

Again I am seeing NOTHING different to trolls AGAINST Sony.     Sure there are Sony trolls but no different to Canon and Nikon trolls especially.     I just see some Sony users posting about "issues" in the Canon and Nikon mirrorless FF cameras that are pretty much the same as was posted against the first Sony mirrorless FF cameras for the same things.     This thread should be deleted.     At least a great many Sony users used to BE (and often still are) users of other systems including lots of Canon users who still have many Canon lenses.      I would go so far to say that for many Sony users that have Canon lenses, the CAMERA can be from anyone as long as it takes their lenses and does what they want at a price they can tolerate.     That means if Canon (or Nikon) releases a camera that doesn't meet their needs  they can and many will whinge about it.     Are those people SONY users (because they have a Sony camera currently), or are they Canon users (because they have a shed full of Canon lenses)?   People are seeing what they want to see, nothing more.

2 hours ago, Snowbro said:

This thread will be deleted when Ralph Northam resigns 

i doubt it,

i think only andrew reid could delete or lock a topic. besides you can always block someone if you want too, not sure if that stops their post from showing in threads you read however.

perhaps its time for us to prove we're  the better men, as a certain x-man would say and move on.

I follow news about Nikon, Fujifilm, Canon and Olympus. Whenever I read about  any of those brands on DPR the comments are flooded with Sony-fans. The scale of it is pretty incredible. Of course fans of all brands will troll each other occasionally but Sony is on another level. 

It is astounding. Its old. Can never have a discussion about anything without Sony-fans (or cockroaches as they’re called in Japan) flooding threads with destructive comments. 

The only positive thing is that there’s suddenly an unexpected camaraderie among all the others.

I have no idea which brand has the worst, but I've seen fanboys for every brand/camera. Honestly, it doesn't matter who's worse because being a fanboy is insanely dumb no matter how you slice it. I'll use whatever I can afford and whatever makes my life easier. I love / hate stuff about pretty much every camera I've owned and used.

They are all tools. Some do certain things better/worse than other things. Most of the issues stem from people projecting their own needs and/or preferences onto everyone else. There was a big thread on DVXUSER about GAS, and it went off track into smaller cameras vs larger ones. I (and another in the thread) prefer smaller cameras for run and gun. Others thought we were crazy. No one's wrong, it's just a preference.

It's human nature on display, I suppose. 

I am tire of seeing Sony fan boy:

• always interjecting them self in non Sony related gears post. Bashing other companies
  • always show open box Sony toys 
  • proclaiming their eyeAF to be the best. How did we manage to shoot before eyeAF?
  • dismiss ergonomic and menu issues

At the end of the day, no one care what camera you use just the results.

1 hour ago, PrometheusDM said:

I am tire of seeing Sony fan boy:

• always interjecting them self in non Sony related gears post. Bashing other companies
  • always show open box Sony toys 
  • proclaiming their eyeAF to be the best. How did we manage to shoot before eyeAF?
  • dismiss ergonomic and menu issues

At the end of the day, no one care what camera you use just the results.

You sound jelious of Sony. Canon is back in 2008. Nikon is kicking their ass. Fuji is biting the other butt cheek. Canon and is going to be Casio down the road if they don,t wake up. Casio was king shit also back in the day. So was HP and Kodak. Everybody bites the dust, man or company I don,t give a crap who you are.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

You sound jelious of Sony. Canon is back in 2008. Nikon is kicking their ass. Fuji is biting the other butt cheek. Canon and is going to be Casio down the road if they don,t wake up. Casio was king shit also back in the day. So was HP and Kodak. Everybody bites the dust, man or company I don,t give a crap who you are.

Welp, we've reached a point where it's impossible to tell what's an ironic shitpost and what's serious fanboyism.

Oh I am serious. I have lived long enough to have owned about every brand there is, and lived long enough to have seen the rise and fall of a lot of camera company’s.  Canon was nothing too special back in the early days. Only at the end of their Rangefinder cameras did people around the World take them serious. Then when the the T-70, T-90 came out it really proved they were a serious player.

Back then and up to it seems the 5D mk 1 they seemed to push as hard as They could to make the best cameras in the wold, but for some reason, may be their.Cine Line?  they have pretty much pushing half assed shit out the dorm and I think they are even laughing about all the dumb bastards LoL that are still buying the crap. I just bought an old Nikon DSLR, mainly because I am not going to give Canon. any more of My money. I think they Need to just go out of business to be honest. I find it disgraceful what they are doing.