Why Is Sony Fanboyism So Bad?

Snowbro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hell I am blocked on the Sony Forum on DPR and I am a Sony fan LoL. DPR is a TOTAL waste of time. Totally irrelevant. Just a bunch of pissed off stupid people on there. 90% of them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. But when I was 17 I probably didn't either.

14 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Hell I am blocked on the Sony Forum on DPR and I am a Sony fan LoL. DPR is a TOTAL waste of time. Totally irrelevant. Just a bunch of pissed off stupid people on there. 90% of them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. But when I was 17 I probably didn't either.

The DNC?

On 3/27/2019 at 8:11 PM, webrunner5 said:

You sound jelious of Sony. Canon is back in 2008. Nikon is kicking their ass. Fuji is biting the other butt cheek. Canon and is going to be Casio down the road if they don,t wake up. Casio was king shit also back in the day. So was HP and Kodak. Everybody bites the dust, man or company I don,t give a crap who you are.

You misunderstood me. I am brand agnostic. I use Canon for 10 years because everyone has it and my lens library and now switching to Panasonic. I buy various glass from all manufacturers not just Canon.

I couldn't care less if Canon, Nikon, Sony kicking whose butt. To me, it's only a tool. I don't own their stock or have any victory when one company do well.

If Canon goes out of business, I can see why. They are very complacent, but they also business savvy enough to focus things that will sell well - M50, EOS RP, glasses etc. They just aren't catering to the pro yet.

I really want Sony and everyone else to do well. They are so close to making the perfect camera. Intangibles that everyone else got it right (Panasonic, Canon, Nikon) Sony couldn't. It should be easy to make a better ergonomic, fully touch screen LCD and redesign menu. I would be totally switch over to Sony. If the A7RIV/A9 offer a bigger body with all these features, I would switch over to them. I'm sick of Canon. 

In regard of Sony fanboyism: I see alot of people bashing on Panasonic S1 paid FW article on DPreview, and most of them has Sony gears. I remembered Sony PS3 vs Xbox debate. It seems they grow up and bought camera. It's really petty

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:49 AM, ntblowz said:

As much as I would drop it but constant struggle with daily Sony Troll cant be unseen.

sonytroll.PNG

Don't see any Sony trolls there, just some people whinging about others.     I guess maybe this thread should become  a" post evidence of troll posts" thread (not just Sony) if it is going to keep living.

• Super Members
5 hours ago, noone said:

Don't see any Sony trolls there, 

As a member of that group and a brand agnostic that currently own zero Canon cameras I can testify to what they say. I also had to block several Sony trolls. And I did see the awful behavior of posting pictures of others family members and calling them ugly. I have not witness any such behavior from other brands fanboys within that group.

17 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

As a member of that group and a brand agnostic that currently own zero Canon cameras I can testify to what they say. I also had to block several Sony trolls. And I did see the awful behavior of posting pictures of others family members and calling them ugly. I have not witness any such behavior from other brands fanboys within that group.

Again, I don't see it and I am not a member of or want to be a member of that group.  

All that bringing that here does is show a bunch of people whinging about some people on another site.   I see the same people on DPR (another, another site) posting anti- Sony stuff regularly.        Even on THIS forum, it seems I can be pretty sure what some will be posting about a particular brand on a topic when I see the name.       I still want to know if someone who uses a Sony camera but also has cameras from Canon with lots of Canon lenses (also used on Sony) is a Sony fanboy/troll if they post negative stuff about Sony or are they a Canon troll when the do the same about Canon?    Of COURSE there are Sony trolls but there are as many for other brands (maybe proportionate to user base size) and after all the Sony users had a few years of enduring posts against Sony that when now made against the likes of Canon and Nikon get howled down as trolling.

I don't currently have a working Sony camera but I do have Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji and other cameras currently I do want a Sony camera but only because I still have a couple of really nice Sony lenses and I like how Canon lenses (EF and FD) work on Sony cameras.     I guess people will keep whinging about others here, dunno what they says.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Well I guess Cellsea Northrup just became a Sony fanboy lol. Women are pretty smart.

At least she doesn't go put down other people's wife/husband/sis/bro/bf/gf etc.

Btw I dont watch Northrup stuff nowadays, they are just like Alan Krumwiede IRL.

• Super Members
7 hours ago, noone said:

I still want to know if someone who uses a Sony camera but also has cameras from Canon with lots of Canon lenses (also used on Sony) is a Sony fanboy/troll if they post negative stuff about Sony or are they a Canon troll when the do the same about Canon? 

No one has said anything about that. I suggest you ignore this thread because it's not about criticism. It's about the over representation of Sony users threatening, attacking and bullying anyone who doesn't blindly apologize for Sony's shortcomings and hate all other brands.

If you haven't experienced it, good for you. But many have and there is data supporting it. So we wish to discuss it :)

I for one really missed the console fanboy wars of my youth between sega/nintendo and sony/microsoft and am overjoyed to see grown adults still acting the same as my 12-year old schoolmates, just about cameras instead of vidya games.

Now may I interest you in a link to a youtube video of "Why Xbox 360 is the TRUE LEET GAMERZZ choice and why I switched over from the Wii"? It's very convincing and supports all my arguments I promise.

23 hours ago, Ehetyz said:

I for one really missed the console fanboy wars of my youth between sega/nintendo and sony/microsoft and am overjoyed to see grown adults still acting the same as my 12-year old schoolmates, just about cameras instead of vidya games.

Now may I interest you in a link to a youtube video of "Why Xbox 360 is the TRUE LEET GAMERZZ choice and why I switched over from the Wii"? It's very convincing and supports all my arguments I promise.

Pfftttttttttttt........... !

Consoles drool. 

PCs rule. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

image.thumb.png.f5e934b387ca2214b5468c6df094e8cb.png

image.thumb.png.ae805a2d5ccef5e8537fd36d3f4d5bf3.png

I remember the days when the GH1/GH2 were new. Particularly with the GH2, it kinda flew under the radar for a while and despite it being (in my view) superior to a lot of the Canon offerings at the time, no one paid much attention to it. You'd never really see them out in the wild, and half the people I encountered didn't even know what it was. There was definitely a bit of hostility in the GH2 community, probably from always have to explain/defend your choice.

Funny how times change, Panasonic is arguably the most mainstream DSLR brand now. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel, as for when finally all this Sony fanboyism will be drawing to a close!

Because Sony is withdrawing from the camera business:

https://photorumors.com/2019/04/01/sony-gives-up-and-quits-camera-business-ceo-says-they-can-no-longer-compete-with-nikon-and-canon/

In a shocking interview with Nikkei, Sony's CEO announced that his company is pulling out of the camera business. The main reason for the move has been the latest announcements of advanced mirrorless cameras by Nikon and Canon. The CEO said, “it was easy to sell mirrorless cameras when there was no competition, now the business environment changed and we at Sony feel that we can no longer make the profit we used to".

“how can people be surprised, don't they remember Betamax, DuoStick, A-mount..."

image.thumb.png.21f4a6bb3b96b0cd3163b38145c2f40b.png

image.thumb.png.670bb8d19c1dc322a2f286b0637da24c.png

• Super Members
On 12/21/2018 at 4:25 PM, BTM_Pix said:

The only way to resolve the issue is with a game of Camera Top Trumps.

And, yes, this is an actual product.

744810582_ScreenShot2018-12-21at16_23_37.thumb.jpg.d10923633a90258350e97ddec92deead.jpg

Found a similar set to in Berlin today so currently having a game.

The poor Leica R9 was absolutely rinsed by the Nikon D850 in the first round.

20190403_143626-01.thumb.jpeg.4864c8e0218798750703f784856b6689.jpeg