Why Is Sony Fanboyism So Bad?

Snowbro

3 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

True, but Fuji cameras even though innovative has always come across as goofy to the average consumer.

Goofy?? I think you mean "retro"?

Maybe to an actual retro dinosaur from that generation who knew the real thing then it appears "goofy"?? ;):joy:

4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Now they have 50 models out to confuse the hell out of everyone.

I have only recently paid more attention to Fuji, and only very recently took a serious look at them. And I found it pretty easy to get a handle on their range of models and the options (Wikipedia + B&H made it easy to get a quick overview of them!). 

And now I'm feeling like I might buy soon a Fujifilm X-A3 (or perhaps the older X-A2 if I find an extreme bargain for one on eBay. It was either that or a NEX-3N etc as a "drinking camera", but then I got sucked in by the temptation of Fujifilm). 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Goofy?? I think you mean "retro"?

Maybe to an actual retro dinosaur from that generation who knew the real thing then it appears "goofy"?? ;):joy:

I have only recently paid more attention to Fuji, and only very recently took a serious look at them. And I found it pretty easy to get a handle on their range of models and the options (Wikipedia + B&H made it easy to get a quick overview of them!). 

And now I'm feeling like I might buy soon a Fujifilm X-A3 (or perhaps the older X-A2 if I find an extreme bargain for one on eBay. It was either that or a NEX-3N etc as a "drinking camera", but then I got sucked in by the temptation of Fujifilm). 

No all those knobs are stupid just like that stupid Nikon body was, can't remember the name. Those days are gone and the knobs are not needed at all. Just like the stupid top LCD is a waste of time now. Can't even see the damn thing on a tripod, just stupid. A Fing gimmick. Stupid like the dumb ass off and on switch on the EOS-R. Waste of precious space.

Fuji is the Subaru of cameras. Goofy design. They should have bought Saab. Even goofier. Is that a word? Reto stuff is shit. Times move on. Oh look a Vinyl record! Ohh the player has knobs. Hot damn! Fuji must have designed it! ?

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

No all those knobs are stupid just like that stupid Nikon body was, can't remember the name. Those days are gone and the knobs are not needed at all. Just like the stupid top LCD is a waste of time now. Can't even see the damn thing on a tripod, just stupid. A Fing gimmick. Stupid like the dumb ass off and on switch on the EOS-R. Waste of precious space.

More manual controls is a really nice thing to have, it speeds up usage of the camera and provides more certainty of the settings. 
Ditto having a top LCD, it is really nice to see all that info at a glance. One of the top things I prefer about using my girlfriend's Nikon D90 (even though it is a much worse sensor) with its "semi pro" body vs my consumer like D5200 when doing some casual photography. Certainly if I was a serious photographer then I'd be looking for those little things which make a big impact on the shooting experience such as a top info display like most semi pro and pro bodies have. 

11 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

More manual controls is a really nice thing to have, it speeds up usage of the camera and provides more certainty of the settings. 
Ditto having a top LCD, it is really nice to see all that info at a glance. One of the top things I prefer about using my girlfriend's Nikon D90 (even though it is a much worse sensor) with its "semi pro" body vs my consumer like D5200 when doing some casual photography. Certainly if I was a serious photographer then I'd be looking for those little things which make a big impact on the shooting experience such as a top info display like most semi pro and pro bodies have. 

You ever heard of a rear LCD LoL. Hell they even make EVF's now! I am too old to read the ones on the top anyways. I have had lots of cameras years ago that had them, I never got much into them. Always hard to read outdoors then.

When you only had 10, 12, 36 shots it didn't much matter what it said. It was resetting all the time LoL. You took 5 shots, packed up and went home. ?

I have owned 8 x 10 view cameras where i took them out and Never took one shot. Too expensive to waste a plate on. You guys got it easy now  ?

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

APSC cameras are dying anyways. Nikon will keep slipping back also I think. They won't last.

That's what Sony fans have said for years. "Micro Four Thirds is dying!" . "APS-C will die", "Nikon is doomed". "We will soon take of the overall number one in the camera market"

Nothing of that has happened yet. And it doesn't look like any will happen soon. 

I don't know why the topic suddenly changed to fujis controls, but personally I live those manual controls. Nobody needs to use them, but I feel like I am much faster if I do. 

I could do without a top LCD, but I see it's appeal. It got it's advantages. 

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Fuji is the Subaru of cameras. Goofy design. They should have bought Saab. Even goofier. Is that a word? Reto stuff is shit. Times move on. Oh look a Vinyl record! Ohh the player has knobs. Hot damn! Fuji must have designed it! ?

I'll gladly take a retro style Leica M10 with an Noct f/.95 50mm for photos. 

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Don, you can criticise my life choices, my politics, my taste in music and even my wife but I draw the line about anyone having a go at the Nikon Df 

john9thmarquessofqueensberry_boxer.jpg.37756f7a1c2df511e39f97694c3b8d5a.jpg

;)

So you are the one that bought the only one they sold! ?

4 hours ago, frontfocus said:

That's what Sony fans have said for years. "Micro Four Thirds is dying!" . "APS-C will die", "Nikon is doomed". "We will soon take of the overall number one in the camera market"

Nothing of that has happened yet. And it doesn't look like any will happen soon. 

You really think all these company's are going to succeed? Hell a DJI Osmo Pocket is good enough for 99% of the people in the world. And people are going to buy 3500 dollar Nikon's, a 2500 dollar GH5s by the thousands. Yeah right. Who even prints anymore? A Smartphone is more than good enough for YouTube, Instagram, vacations. Nikon, Olympus, Pentax stand a snowballs chance in hell surviving down the road.

59 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

The just looked to me to be designed by a Chimpanzee with huge hands.. ?

I'm 6'4", I have big hands & carry a flagship sports camera 1 handed with a 2lb lens great. Never use a neck strap, feels perfect. I can't do that with the same lens & a mirrorless, my palm is wider than the whole grip on those. 

Once again, I hate using neck straps. 

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

You really think all these company's are going to succeed?

Succeed in photography? No, that ship is sailed. There is no more succeeding there is just surviving. 

Hell a DJI Osmo Pocket is good enough for 99% of the people in the world.

99% of 7.7 billion people. That leaves 77 million people for whom it's not enough. Wow, that 7 times what all camera manufacturers combined are selling at the moment ?

And people are going to buy 3500 dollar Nikon's, a 2500 dollar GH5s by the thousands. Yeah right.

Thousands? Yes probably. The problem is, that you need hundred of thousands and millions of people to buy your product to keep a company like Nikon in the state it's right now. And since the market is shrinking, so are companies. And diversity is the key. 

Who even prints anymore?

I do. That's the reason I own a camera. Also my clients probably prefer it this way to me shooting with a phone. 

A Smartphone is more than good enough for YouTube, Instagram, vacations.

I absolutely agree

Nikon, Olympus, Pentax stand a snowballs chance in hell surviving down the road.

While the future might be problematic for Nikon, it is so for all companies. It's not limited to those three. 
But with Japanese companies there is not just return of income that's important, there is heritage and the way they work. Often it's better to keep a non profitable part of the company running than to trash it. And companies like Olympus are very keen on their heritage. That's why the imaging part was able to loose money for years. 

But I don't get, what all this has to do with the thread title.

Funny thing is if you read all the comments in that link, there are not that many that could be said to be true Sony fanboy comments and there seems to be more ANTI-Sony comments.

There many more posts about why each camera is better for the comment poster than real ugly fanboy posts (for all of them) but because Sony seems to be more the winner from the article, some of the comments from other users are about it being rigged or an ad for Sony.

Many of the pro Sony posts are from previous users of other systems.

There are the usual trolls (from all systems) with multiple posts of course but there always will be.

Those comments are very tame by DPR standards and seem (mostly) quite reasonable.

I think people are getting pretty fed up by some Sony fans. There are so many levels on which I dislike those cameras. Ergonomics, design, output et cetera. Doesn’t mean I would ever go onto an A7 thread and tell people how bad their camera is. Never have, never will. I fully understand and respect that some people love those cameras and it’s not for me to tell them they are wrong. 

People like to work in different ways with different tools and it’s good people, not good specs, that make good pictures. 

The Nikon Df is an excellent camera by the way. The most underrated and misunderstood camera on the internet.