Premiere Pro: My First Mistake

Jadesroom

That said, it's what my work provides and now I've got a problem. I've edited a three minute video shot on a Sony X70, 422 XAVC.  However, the encoding dialogue box says that export time is estimated at one hour and forty minutes.  I don't recall this problem before the most recent update.  What can I do--knowing that I have to use Premiere--to speed up the process?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you have After Effects open, close it, along with any other Adobe products.

I don't know if this is your issue, but I find if I have after effects open or any adobe programs open when rendering, it makes my projects slow to a crawl due to the shared ram. (I have 32 gigs so I don't know what it would do to people with less.)

3 hours ago, Jadesroom said:

That said, it's what my work provides and now I've got a problem. I've edited a three minute video shot on a Sony X70, 422 XAVC.  However, the encoding dialogue box says that export time is estimated at one hour and forty minutes.  I don't recall this problem before the most recent update.  What can I do--knowing that I have to use Premiere--to speed up the process?

I would assume something with the sequence settings. Can you switch to the camera's native? Are you able to check your settings on an old project file and mirror those. 

Yeah, if you're transcoding the source video to a different format you can expect it to slog along a bit.  

Regardless of what the ultimate issue is, you really need to know if your editing sequence and export settings are appropriate for whatever work you're doing.  If you have any doubt about what's "appropriate", the safest assumption to make is that you're doing it wrong and it needs to be changed...to...something else...

1. Change the export Codec (what are you using right now?)
2. Restart your computer
3. Clear the cache
4. Check the if you are using CPU or GPU to render (most likely GPU will be faster as it also uses the CPU, instead of CPU only)
5. Make sure you didn't check "use maximum rendering quality" or this type of box in media encoder

Beside that, did you apply any grading or effect in your editing? What is the resolution and frame rate?