Aivascope 1.75X V2 Owners Thread

kazkioken

7naKWna.jpg

Hey all! I just got my V2 Aivascope baby 1.75X lens and really excited to put it through its paces.  I know there are some excellent posts recently from JSD about this lens but just wanted to start a dedicated thread for anyone new looking, or if anyone wanted something specifically tested.

I'll be mainly using it on a BMPCC4K but will also be using on my A7S2, and possibly my BMPCC.  I'm still waiting for my Rapido FVD and presently without diopters so there's not much to test yet but hopefully everything arrives soon - in the meantime will try and collect everything I need to get shooting some sample footage ;)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 minutes ago, whoisjsd said:

If this is your only scope I highly recommend looking at the new ProtoDNA than the FVD. I love my FVD but it and the HCDNA aren't really that good for small scopes unless you absolutely need to go wide. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a small anamorphic.

I also recommend looking into a 52mm Nikon diopter set (No. 0, 1, and 2). They work very well with the Aivascopes.

Oh I didn't know they were available yet...last I read on the site was a Plan B :) I'll contact through the site thnx for the info!  will be nice to have a couple single focusers for various sizes.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2018 at 5:02 AM, kazkioken said:

7naKWna.jpg

Hey all! I just got my V2 Aivascope baby 1.75X lens and really excited to put it through its paces.  I know there are some excellent posts recently from JSD about this lens but just wanted to start a dedicated thread for anyone new looking, or if anyone wanted something specifically tested.

I'll be mainly using it on a BMPCC4K but will also be using on my A7S2, and possibly my BMPCC.  I'm still waiting for my Rapido FVD and presently without diopters so there's not much to test yet but hopefully everything arrives soon - in the meantime will try and collect everything I need to get shooting some sample footage ;)

Any news man? Would like to see some footage from you and a couple of words about using experience. Have pocket 4k too.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, Rikoshet said:

Any news man? Would like to see some footage from you and a couple of words about using experience. Have pocket 4k too.

hey yeah! Still waiting for some gear and the project I am working on with this setup doesn't start production till late March or so.  But here's some stills from test footage in the meantime.  I am going to be using the Nikkor 50 1.8 and the 85 f2 as taking lenses together with an XL .64 Metabones...also waiting to receive a V1 Aivascope which I will use in some shots for flaring.  The V2 does not flare unless you really blast it with something.  I ended up with a ProtoDNA thanks to the wonderful advice from JSD and it's awesome.  I am just now opening a box with the Titla G2X and Nucleus Nano.  Will get her all balanced up and report back with some pics!  Planning on mostly using one Pocket4K on sticks, another dedicated to the gimbal for tracking shots. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 5.18.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 5.18.45 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 5.20.19 PM.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2019 at 8:08 PM, kazkioken said:

hey yeah! Still waiting for some gear and the project I am working on with this setup doesn't start production till late March or so.  But here's some stills from test footage in the meantime.  I am going to be using the Nikkor 50 1.8 and the 85 f2 as taking lenses together with an XL .64 Metabones...also waiting to receive a V1 Aivascope which I will use in some shots for flaring.  The V2 does not flare unless you really blast it with something.  I ended up with a ProtoDNA thanks to the wonderful advice from JSD and it's awesome.  I am just now opening a box with the Titla G2X and Nucleus Nano.  Will get her all balanced up and report back with some pics!  Planning on mostly using one Pocket4K on sticks, another dedicated to the gimbal for tracking shots. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 5.18.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 5.18.45 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 5.20.19 PM.jpg

I'm a little confused about focal length. Can you calculate what 50mm +anamorphic+metabons would be on pocket? Thank you!

On 4/20/2019 at 2:32 PM, Rikoshet said:

I'm a little confused about focal length. Can you calculate what 50mm +anamorphic+metabons would be on pocket? Thank you!

It ends up being around a 35mm field of view (which is insane!)

50mm x 1.9crop = 95mm fov 

95mm x .64speedbooster = 60.8mm fov

60.8mm / 1.75x anamorphic = 34.7mm fov

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/13/2018 at 6:01 AM, whoisjsd said:

If this is your only scope I highly recommend looking at the new ProtoDNA than the FVD. I love my FVD but it and the HCDNA aren't really that good for small scopes unless you absolutely need to go wide. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a small anamorphic.

I also recommend looking into a 52mm Nikon diopter set (No. 0, 1, and 2). They work very well with the Aivascopes.

How would 52mm diopters work when the front filter thread is 82mm?

• 1 year later...