My New Pocket4K Android App

BTM_Pix

29 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Then no.

It is two separate things.

The live view from the camera is purely for monitoring (using some separate hardware) as the camera does not allow external control to simulate its screen being tapped.

How to set up the focus then?

Only with joystick?

Can we also use both? To set up the focus point in-camera directly over the P4K LCD and using the rest of the features from your app, I guess. Am I thinking accurately?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
19 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

How to set up the focus then?

Only with joystick?

Can we also use both? To set up the focus point in-camera directly over the P4K LCD and using the rest of the features from your app, I guess. Am I thinking accurately?

You can use the slider on the app screen, the increment/decrement buttons on the app screen, the one shot AF button on the app screen or the joysticks.

The rationale is to be able to focus (and do all the other controls) without touching and thereby disturbing the camera when it is on a gimbal/tripod/jib.

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

You can use the slider on the app screen, the increment/decrement buttons on the app screen, the one shot AF button on the app screen or the joysticks.

The rationale is to be able to focus (and do all the other controls) without touching and thereby disturbing the camera when it is on a gimbal/tripod/jib.

I am not sure I accurately understand the use of the word "slider" there. Sorry my dummy doubt.

• Super Members
15 minutes ago, matthere said:

This looks great thanks @BTM_Pix 

Can anybody recommend a cheap android device with a decent screen and Bluetooth LE to use this on, thanks :)

If you want a completely left field suggestion then the Blackberry (yes Blackberry) Key One is quite cheap now.

The reason I mention it is I have just got one and will be doing an update next week that has a special version for it.

The reason being that it has a real keyboard so is perfect for operating the app without having to use the screen.

I just need to do a custom mapping for it as I have got for the gamepads.

• Super Members
2 hours ago, matthere said:

Interesting, I like the idea of button operation.. will check out prices.. ?

I'll put something up about it when I get back from this trip.

I'm not a great one for phones but it is well suited to this task. The back of it is very grippy which is ideal unlike my Samsung which is like trying to hold on to an eel that has been coated in washing up liquid.

• 3 months later...

June has a long road yet to walk by... : ) last Friday was still May! And end of July, eight weeks away... The year is not even in a half so far ; ) July the beginning of its second portion which composes the whole... and next season, some people who met for first time in May, they have no clue they will end divorced in July... LOL ; -)

*The magic of life*