My New Pocket4K Android App

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
20 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

As a fellow mobile developer, I congratulate you @BTM_Pix  :). I had experience working with bit shifting in mobile before with BLE and I had a hard time just getting the correct data from a bluetooth device lol. I' impressed and I'm kinda curious how you managed to get correct values :)

Thanks.

The short answer is 'with a hell of a lot of graft' ;)

BM produce a camera control spec document so you have the foundation to work from with a couple of example protocol packets but its a long slog creating all of the tables and sitting a control mechanism on top of them that makes sense as a user interface and then dealing with changes made by the user on the camera itself and and and and...

That's why I'm going to be charging £4943 per copy for it ;)

• Super Members

A quick rough output of the app doing zoom/focus control of the cheap and less than stellar and not in any way par focal Panasonic 14-42mm lens on a Pocket 4K.

Video shows servo zoom, snap focus between two memory points and transition between two memory points.

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Hey man, this is quite of an achievement! Touchscreen focus control?! WTH you had told me not.

I think we may have got our wires crossed regarding Touchscreen focus control ?

I thought you meant could it drive the touchscreen of the camera ?

If your question was can you drive the focus from the touchscreen of the Android device, then the answer is yes you can use the slider on the screen, the single up/down increment buttons or use one of the joystick options such as these.

3C_Media_Assets_HD-10.thumb.jpg.cf08450208b91ab84a1685fc1c985282.jpg

1 minute ago, MeanRevert said:

Hi, does this app have remote live view to accompany that touchscreen focus?  This would be huge.

Yes, with some additional hardware.

Screenshot_20190123-132733.thumb.png.3095a28a1d3e1e99a149e2ded161e6d9.png.adcf7af317b4b01c7135ff2a2b92f953.png

17 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I think we may have got our wires crossed regarding Touchscreen focus control ?

I thought you meant could it drive the touchscreen of the camera ?

If your question was can you drive the focus from the touchscreen of the Android device, then the answer is yes you can use the slider on the screen, the single up/down increment buttons or use one of the joystick options such as these.

3C_Media_Assets_HD-10.thumb.jpg.cf08450208b91ab84a1685fc1c985282.jpg

So, it means I can control the touchscreen focus from my Android with multiple focus settings going on along your app... is that so? Man, you've just released the Pocket 4K Mark II even before Blackmagic had spread their first announcement yet ! ; -)

• Super Members
1 minute ago, Emanuel said:

So, it means I can control the touchscreen focus from my Android with multiple focus settings going on along your app... is that so?

So, for complete clarity ;)

This is the app screen

Screenshot_20190222-134941.thumb.png.c97dfbd6e0858bfc8f9ec75641925a8d.png

You set the focus of the lens from the app by using your finger on the slider or pushing the increment buttons here :

Focus1.jpg.e9ff70cc2949ee186623f6a1d421c25e.jpg

You can store and recall up to 6 focus points (A to F) using these buttons here. A long press stores the focus point and an ordinary press recalls it and sends it to the camera

Focus2.jpg.efb1f86c35e7ca4fd98bf4aa26c69413.jpg

When you press one of the focus recall buttons, the way in which it moves focus from the current focus point to the target focus point is controlled by the Cut/Transition and the transition Time buttons here. If you select Cut then the focus moves immediately to the the stored point. If it is set to Transition, then it racks focus over the period of time you select next to it (in Yellow) which can be set between 1 and 5 seconds in half second increments.

Focus3.jpg.254496b1cbda65fe81295b4d62fa9981.jpg

In addition, you can move focus manually using the joysticks on the wireless gamepads and also use them to select to switch between the A and B focus points using the Cut/Transition behaviour that you currently have selected.

All of this functionality of control and memories is also available for any compatible power zoom lenses that you have attached to the camera.

If you want a more traditional wheeled type focus controller then you will have to wait until May for my standalone hardware controller.....

DSC02654-2.thumb.jpg.bbd9eb18c7a0f0bbf799f1519d3ff97f.jpg

• Super Members
14 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

Hi again, can you elaborate on the additional hardware requirement?

Also, I thought I remember seeing a button for AutoFocus in an earlier version?

Its a small HDMI encoder/transmitter on the camera and a receiver that plugs into the Android device.

It works now but it won't be in the initial release.

It will be around £125 extra.

One shot AF is still there

OneShotAF.jpg.4e3bf6b0ed5e0d00a5c7983f56f3cdc9.jpg

I am astonished, pal, you've just reinvented this camera. Go figure if the Panny dudes see and take you off from the air...

You mean, we can set up the focus only tap-to-focus the screen of the Android device or I am only dreaming and wrongly reading you?

BTW, when shares go to public? ; -)

• Super Members
7 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

You mean, we can set up the focus only tap-to-focus the screen of the Android device or I am only dreaming and wrongly reading you?

We still might be talking at cross purposes !

Are you asking if you have live view from the camera on the Android device and then can tap that live view image to focus the camera ?

• Super Members
Just now, Emanuel said:

Yes, buddy.

Then no.

It is two separate things.

The live view from the camera is purely for monitoring (using some separate hardware) as the camera does not allow external control to simulate its screen being tapped.