JVC LS300 $2000 new at B&H - good price

salim

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 12/6/2018 at 1:11 AM, Mako Sports said:

You can blame that on JVC's terrible marketing team/campaign 

It probably didn't help, but most people didn't give it serious consideration even after they heard about it. Simply looking at the specs should've caught people's interest. Still very few bothered to check it out. That it feels like it has gotten more attention from notable video folks on YouTube in 2018 than it did when it came out days quite a bit. 

7 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

It probably didn't help, but most people didn't give it serious consideration even after they heard about it. Simply looking at the specs should've caught people's interest. Still very few bothered to check it out. That it feels like it has gotten more attention from notable video folks on YouTube in 2018 than it did when it came out days quite a bit. 

Completely agree. Personally, I think a sexier design and the help of an influencer or two would have skyrocketed this camera's success.

• Super Members

The truly abysmal EVF is a joke though.

And the fold out LCD doesn't inspire much confidence.

But....

The release of the Ninja V changes things considerably for the LS300 as it is compact enough to address those issues without making it unwieldly like the 7" recorders did whilst adding additional monitoring functionality.

Of course it also enables the recording of 4K60p which the LS300 can't do internally and offers a ProRes workflow.

If the LS300 drops below £1500 (which it is well on the way to doing) then the two together is quite the package for £2000.

I've said it before but if there is one company that I could see working with Atomos to do ProRes RAW over HDMI it would be JVC for the LS300. Considering how much JVC have enhanced its functionality since its release, I wouldn't say one last hurrah like that would be out of the question