180 shutter degree rule for 60fps content

@yan_berthemy_photography

Some of the cheap ones do. I find even the cheap ones work well if you don't push them all the way to their top light reduction. And you can just buy single screw on ones, or the drop in square ones. Anything is better than nothing. I bought a cheap one I use some times that was like 30 bucks used and it seems to get the job done.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Never heard of it.

I usually go to Amazon or B&H and look at user reviews. That way you get one that most people seem to like better than others. Takes the gamble out of it.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_review-rank?keywords=variable+ND+filter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Avariable+ND+filter&qid=1544631494&sort=review-rank

They are just two Polarizers stacked on each other.

For the average person any of them work. You won't be using one a lot unless you have a camera with a Log that has a 3200 min ISO like the Sony a7s had, or a speedbooster using f1.8 lenses!.

Plus you are not going to die if you Don't stick to the 180 degree rule at 60fps. You can raise or lower the speed some and nobody will see it. We aren't making a new Gone With The Wind movie on here. ?

Any will work ok, but some soften the image. Cheaper ones also have color shifts so you have to manually white balance to get proper color.

Here is an article covering some of the better ones. Variable ND's are never the best option, as they can have a bad effect on skintones. However they certainly are convenient and the negatives may not be noticed by most people.

https://fstoppers.com/bestfiltertest

23 hours ago, @yan_berthemy_photography said:

I have 6500 ISO with V-LOG L Installed on my GH4 and GH5 camera and use 1.8 and 2.8 lenses so it's ok.

Quick tip, buy a bigger ND filter. That way, if you buy lenses with a larger diameter filter thread (77mm or 82mm are common), you wont have to buy another one. You can always buy a step up filter ring for next to nothing, but going down isn't an option.