MonoPod usage

DanielVranic

46 minutes ago, xzobinx said:

Horses for courses. if you talking about long interview or any kind of long still shot then tripod is better but if you have to use it in an event situation like wedding monopod wins all day long. I only use tripod for my B-cam during ceremony and 1st dance nowadays. My A cam stays permanent on the monopod or glidecame.

To the OP, stay far away from any manforotto monopod. This vide summed up my experience quite well. my setup is a sirui 424 and manfrotto 500 head which can handle BMPCC4k and sigma 18-35 without any issues 

That is a great point. While my budget is about 300$ and the carbon fiber one is about 250$ on its own before the 150$ 502 head, is there the next model down from that? 

doesn't need to be carbon fiber fyi

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, DanielVranic said:

That is a great point. While my budget is about 300$ and the carbon fiber one is about 250$ on its own before the 150$ 502 head, is there the next model down from that? 

Sometimes Carbon Fiber tripods or monopods are heavier than aluminum ones. I have a Carbon Fiber Manfrotto and it is heavy as hell. But you could sit a Moose on it I think.

4 hours ago, DanielVranic said:

they have the aluminium P-204s and EP-204s for half the price of carbon fiber and only weight a slightly bit heavier. Out of those two, the P series is similar to the 424 I have while the EP is a newer lighter model white different base but I haven't tested it yet.

I prefer 500 head to 502 for monopod because of lighter weight. The 500PL is compatible with 501PL system but not the other way around. If you want, just switch the base plate to 500PL and you should be fine.

4 minutes ago, DanielVranic said:

Gotcha.

My current list is the MVMXPROA5US and the MVH502AH

I would not recommend it at all, tested it in the shop and the thing is wobbly like hell. Those tiny feet just doesn't cut it

6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Sometimes Carbon Fiber tripods or monopods are heavier than aluminum ones. I have a Carbon Fiber Manfrotto and it is heavy as hell. But you could sit a Moose on it I think.

now there's a viral video waiting to happen ! if you could choreograph it to jiggle bells your on a winner i reckon ?

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

There is not a lot of Mooses, is that a word?, around where I live. Maybe a big, well a really big dog or something. The local Zoo in Cincinnati might have a Moose, but I doubt it.

There are some Moose Lodges around. Maybe they have a fiberglass one I can borrow? ?

there was some tv series on a couple of years back about a small  country town in the north maybe alaska or canada perhaps but the main thing i remember the main establishing shot has some moose walking  right through the middle of the town, it always made me smile. i live in the the country about three and a half hours drive from a big city so to see animals  wandering round unperturbed is normal for for me. i do plan on visiting a zoo, once or should that be if the bmp4k ever turns up.

6 hours ago, leslie said:

there was some tv series on a couple of years back about a small  country town in the north maybe alaska or canada perhaps but the main thing i remember the main establishing shot has some moose walking  right through the middle of the town, it always made me smile. i live in the the country about three and a half hours drive from a big city so to see animals  wandering round unperturbed is normal for for me. i do plan on visiting a zoo, once or should that be if the bmp4k ever turns up.

Was it Northern Exposure? I loved that show. And yeah a Zoo is a great place to go even if you don't even shoot anything LoL.

19 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Was it Northern Exposure? I loved that show. And yeah a Zoo is a great place to go even if you don't even shoot anything LoL.

yer that was it. i will waiting for the camera to arrive, it will be just the two of us, lol +  i dont plan on doing the trip too many times