The Resolve / Colour Grading resource thread

kye

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sites and resources:

27 minutes ago, scotchtape said:

If only someone could teach me to "see" these colors properly...

Yeah, that's my problem too. I know how to drive Resolve and what curves and the other controls do, what I don't know is what to do to take a shot and make it look great.

My next push might be to find some before and after shots done by skilled colourists and try and replicate their grades. When people do the before/after wipe in their showreel that might be something I can emulate. Especially when they do a few wipes showing how they built the grade.

3 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

This couldn't have come at a better time as I downloaded R15 over the weekend and started my (super procrastinated) transition from FCPx/Premiere to Resolve. My goal is to complete at least one new tutorial every day. I'm still doing just the basics, but this thread is a bookmark.

Thanks

Chris  

Let us know if you have questions.  

I'd encourage everyone to just start using it and jump in.  Once you're familiar with how to use it then it's good to learn tools you don't know yet, but in the beginning its good to concentrate on how you like to work.  Pumping out little 10-60s videos is fun and gets you familiar with the whole workflow :)