any gimbalists out there?

gethin

I went from a blackbird, to a pilotfly to a crane 2 (the big one not the crane 1v2). The thing I dont like about the crane is how little control I have of settings.  With the pilotfly I had a nice dead zone then a very slow ramp up and down.  it meant you could get the great smooth circular tracks, and the smoothness would iron out any accidental extra twists. 

So. I'm thinking of ditching it in favour of ronin S. Am I right to think that I will get as much control as I do with the phantom? That I can control acceleration and deceleration, dead zone and what nots?

If not, where should I look.  

Its a shame about zhiyun, the crane 3 lab looks fab, but I'm waiting to hear if the only control will be through that goddam awful zy app.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Tried the Ronin-S but the big grip and the weight prevented me from using it on long shoots. Recently been using Zhiyun Crane 2 and Zhiyun Crane plus. But I agree the options and control can be frustrating. Currently favoring the Plus just because I can stick it inside a bag and bring it anywhere.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:48 PM, gethin said:

I went from a blackbird, to a pilotfly to a crane 2 (the big one not the crane 1v2). The thing I dont like about the crane is how little control I have of settings.  With the pilotfly I had a nice dead zone then a very slow ramp up and down.  it meant you could get the great smooth circular tracks, and the smoothness would iron out any accidental extra twists. 

So. I'm thinking of ditching it in favour of ronin S. Am I right to think that I will get as much control as I do with the phantom? That I can control acceleration and deceleration, dead zone and what nots?

If not, where should I look.  

Its a shame about zhiyun, the crane 3 lab looks fab, but I'm waiting to hear if the only control will be through that goddam awful zy app.

I might be missing something here but you can adjust the settings of Crane 2 on the PC application. It gives you control over movement speed, deadzone, smoothness etc.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:26 AM, Ehetyz said:

I might be missing something here but you can adjust the settings of Crane 2 on the PC application. It gives you control over movement speed, deadzone, smoothness etc.

not enough. you dont get fine control of the speed of ramp up and down fr instance