DJI Announcing Something New On The 28th

DBounce

13 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

The Osmo isn't that expensive, imagine how I felt when I spend 2000€(like 2400$) for a Mavic 2 Pro + accessories. Seriously overpriced, but what are the options we have? Monopolies are always bad for the consumers, that is why there are very strict laws in EU, and this is one of the reason I support the central EU decisions, seems to me like the less corrupt and people's friendly organization in the whole world, fighting trusts and monopolies, while protecting human and customer's rights, and that is why they will be over in the next decade or so! Masses, for some reason, do not want rights, maybe it complicates their life, not to have to make and take educated and free-will decisions!

The fact is, we, the westerners, will always trust a German/US/Australian company, more than a Chinese one, but the fact that DJI admitted of wrong-doing and trying to act, is an improvement, and maybe a change of stance.

DJI is a huge company, leading their field, they have to start like the trend-setters they are, and not a dodgy company from somewhere far east, I believe they will, but until then, my Mavic 2 Pro was WAAAAAY overpriced! 20% off, would be something like 1200-1250$€£, and that is a fair price, while having the zoom at 1050-1100$€£. 1500$€£ just for the Mavic with 1 battery?!?! Insane!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Seeing as Chinese products are generally a very good value, I would think that this sort of scandal that DJI is dealing with is not as widespead or at least not to such high degree (20% markup).

DJI has always been lauded as innovative and if they manage to lower their prices as a consequence of this scandal, more power to them. They had no problem moving their stock at current prices, so this can only be good for them.

23 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Apparently in the first half of Feb, we'll see a firmware update that enables features that have no reason to not be on the camera in the first place...

Well the update came sooner than I thought.

v01.04.00.20

1. Added pro setting when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
2. Added option to switch between AFC and AFS when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
3. Added Cine-Like color mode to video mode.
4. Fixed issue: after powering off, the gimbal attitude of some devices was in an abnormal position to fit into the cover.
5. Optimized face detection.
6. Reduced focus pulsing in some situations, such as when shooting the sky or at night.
7. Increased autofocus speed when moving Osmo Pocket quickly.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Wow this guy seems to be getting a pretty impressive look out of the little thing now with the new firmware. I really like what he did with it..

Go get a room, man!

But seriously, after so much love that you are showing to this little thing, how come you can't justify 350$ to buy one?

This is just a small amount for anywhere in the western world. It can be something silly l, like 2-4 times on a restaurant (depending the country, and the restaurant, of course!). It is 400$ here, by the way. The EU premium..

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely getting one within the next few weeks.

I have been looking for an option for 'filler' material at weddings (I already use an XT3 on monopod for considered work and I don't have/use a gimbal) and for walking into rooms, drifting through the crowd, kitchen plating up, servers serving etc type shots, it's 50p 4k moderately gradeable footage should work nicely and grade like my Mavic Air footage. Hopefully...

Whip it out of back pocket (or more likely shoulder camera bag) and now that it has the pro mode without resorting to phone, shoot for a few seconds and then put it away. Rinse & repeat throughout the day as required.

Not perfect and in lower light especially, it's not going to be brilliant, but sufficient as a 'C' cam IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Super Members
15 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I think I might print one of them later.

In electric blue, obviously.

You know that excitement you get when you jump out of bed in the morning to check the 3D print that has been churning out all night?

Yeah, well, not that this morning.

P1000435.thumb.jpg.1ac758d6627bf2f8bac763f2553dd73c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...