DJI Announcing Something New On The 28th

DBounce

4 hours ago, Alex Uzan said:

One thing to remind about the Osmo Pocket.

If I agree with webrunner with the fact that the Osmo Pocket is unique, and there is nothing on the market to replace it, that’s not a reason to forgetthat there is a lot of AF issues that make this device unreliable.

Go read yourself the Dji Forum threads, and you will be surprised,

Yeah but what doesn't have problems in that price range? I know my GoPros are not the best in the world. Good, but not great.  And you want to go with a Canon GX7 mk II. Not so hot either AF wise. Even the Canon M50 is not too good in 4K without the DPAF function. There just isn't many cameras under 3000 dollars that have great AF, especially in video. Actually No camera is great other than the C series from Canon for video AF with the DPAF.  Maybe the 1D mk II is? Well eye focus face detection is not too bad on Sony and the eye detection on the Nikon. Really some of the Smartphones are pretty damn good for video AF. I think they are using DPAF.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=canon+g7xII+AF+issues

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, Alex Uzan said:

One thing to remind about the Osmo Pocket.

If I agree with webrunner with the fact that the Osmo Pocket is unique, and there is nothing on the market to replace it, that’s not a reason to forgetthat there is a lot of AF issues that make this device unreliable.

Go read yourself the Dji Forum threads, and you will be surprised,

Well this can confirm your concerns. But I would never use it for Vlogs. So that might solve some of the focus problems for my use. Overall I just don't see what I could replace it with that is so compact and easy to use. And easy to just hand off to someone and easy for them to use. I think that might be the biggest plus for it. Your wife, Kids can just grab it and go. There are times you just want to have fun and not worry about stuff. Just turn it on and go.

9 hours ago, Snowbro said:

A cell phone ?

A Shaky phone. If my smartphone had as good of stabilization I would never have even mentioned it on here LoL. That is what separates it from the pack to me. Well and the size, form factor also. My Apple XS is defiantly better at stabilization than my X was, but it still sucks walking, running, well I can't run but... ?

Think I might be getting the ones from the BEHORSE store on Ali ~ https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Optional-OSMO-Pocket-Lens-Filter-Kit-Accessories-ND4-8-16-32-64-PL-CPL-UV/237708_32962997409.html

Those are the 'Sunnylife' ones that claim imported German glass (Schott) as well (like some of the regular camera lens Zomei filters used to say).

xPIHCrG.png

These Polar Pros are probably the most legit: https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/osmo-pocket-filters-accessories and also the priciest, lol.

Looking forward to be puting my OsPo to use in Cape Town, SA next week!

9 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Think I might be getting the ones from the BEHORSE store on Ali ~ https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Optional-OSMO-Pocket-Lens-Filter-Kit-Accessories-ND4-8-16-32-64-PL-CPL-UV/237708_32962997409.html

Those are the 'Sunnylife' ones that claim imported German glass (Schott) as well (like some of the regular camera lens Zomei filters used to say).

xPIHCrG.png

These Polar Pros are probably the most legit: https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/osmo-pocket-filters-accessories and also the priciest, lol.

Looking forward to be puting my OsPo to use in Cape Town, SA next week!

Sunnylife in general seems to bring some color cast in most of their filters. I am reading good things about the Pgytech ones, and of course the Polar pro.

Ah, hi Steve Huff! ??

I think it's perfectly usable. Aside from the slowmo that I find rather poor noisy and smudgy quality even in very bright conditions and the glitchy at best wireless connectivity with the accessory that's finally in, I find it alright... that is with the little time I've been trying it out. There's nothing quite like it, really. Guess it really depends what you expect/want from it. Do hope that like the Mavic series they'll come with a Gen II Osmo Pocket 2 Pro and Zoom, now that would be interesting.

9 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Ah, hi Steve Huff! ??

I think it's perfectly usable. Aside from the slowmo that I find rather poor noisy and smudgy quality even in very bright conditions and the glitchy at best wireless connectivity with the accessory that's finally in, I find it alright... that is with the little time I've been trying it out. There's nothing quite like it, really. Guess it really depends what you expect/want from it. Do hope that like the Mavic series they'll come with a Gen II Osmo Pocket 2 Pro and Zoom, now that would be interesting.

Haha, steve puff loves the eos r, enough said. 

Markku Alén won five times (1975-78, 1981* with the mythical Abarth and again twelve years later in 1987 with the older Integrale's brother) the Portuguese major competition. As matter of fact, our rally follows his native 1000 Lakes where he took 6 triumphs and has the 2nd rank along his WRC victories only a year later. Until then, Portugal ranked first. Without mention where he got his 1st important victory in a world class rally ever, to succeed many others in the following dozen years.

He was one of my 1st heroes, so it is very nice to see him around and pretty on the spot, buddy! (E : -)

* Someone still keeps the wheel he lost in 1981 when he got his 3rd cup, can you imagine?