DJI Announcing Something New On The 28th

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, Dan Wake said:

is it possible to setup manual settings on the smartphone then detach the smartphone and mantain the last manual settings on the Osmo pocket?

Yes, but it’s not ideal. Let’s assume you do this indoors and then go outside... it manual aperture and iso are selected, there is no way to adjust them directly from the pocket.

20 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Yes, but it’s not ideal. Let’s assume you do this indoors and then go outside... it manual aperture and iso are selected, there is no way to adjust them directly from the pocket.

cool. sorry if I ask twice to be sure because english is not my native language and I have difficulties: if you detach the smarphone does the osmo pocket return to automatic settings or it retains the latest manual settings you had when connected to the smartphone app? thx a lot!

1 hour ago, Dan Wake said:

cool. sorry if I ask twice to be sure because english is not my native language and I have difficulties: if you detach the smarphone does the osmo pocket return to automatic settings or it retains the latest manual settings you had when connected to the smartphone app? thx a lot!

It will retain the setting.

They should add manual controls to the scroll wheel accessory. When set to pan you adjust the ISO and when set to tilt you adjust shutter speed. That would be WAY more useful that what it's actually used for now... not counting the 2 extra buttons that don't add anything to the usability.

One button changes the follow mode, which you can already do on the touch screen in 2 touches and the other switches to selfie mode, which you can do with the power button in 3 presses.

4 hours ago, ntblowz said:

New Firmware update (01.07)

Finally added 25/50p for us PAL users, also FOV seems a bit wider too?

Still waiting for Cinelike D though.

The release notes :

Added 1080p 25/50fps and 4K 25/50fps resolution to basic settings.

Added support to shoot 3x3 panorama photos when the tilt axis is between -20° and 80°.

Optimized FaceTrack in DJI Mimo.

Increased the time that the gimbal is in position to fit into the cover from five to eight seconds.

Optimized the focus in ActiveTrack and when detecting faces.

Optimized ActiveTrack when the gimbal is in Portrait and Flashlight mode.

Fixed the issue where a red tint appeared when using Auto White Balance (AWB) in scenes that were predominantly green.

Fixed the issue affecting some devices where the charging time was slow.

After three weeks of using th Osmo Pocket, I don’t think I’m keeping it.
This GimbalCam seemed so good on paper, but not really actually.

Here’s why :

1) AF is not reliable at all. Which is difficult to accept with a that small sensor.
I thougt I was the only one, but the everydad video confirmed the issue.

3) Tracking doens’t work in 4k (no youtube reviewers mentioned it)

4) The osmo pocket is getting too hot, and with no amovible battery, that scares me about the device life.

5) There are too many settings that can be changed only with your smartphone.

6) Audio is terrible, and the jack adapter, is expensive, and not useable if you already use another usb accessory

7) Accessories are expensive, and not campatible between them, since they use the only usb or pin ports

8] I think the device is too light to offer a proper stabilization. Especially when you walk.

9) The quality indoor is what you can expect from a small sensor, not better.

I really like the idea about this camera, and will probably chek out if Dji release a V2, but so far, at 350€ + the needed accessories, this V1 is not a keeper for me.

If I have to be honest, my mainly concern is about the battery which only has a 400 cycle life.
To not be able to replace it is simply unaceptable on a 350€ product.

I thunk it's their biggest mistake on this V1, and it will hurt their reputation in one year or two.
Maybe less, since there are already complaints on their forum about overheating issues.