DJI Announcing Something New On The 28th

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Lens problems mostly. You can't use their lenses on other cameras, and other camera lenses don't play well on the Fuji body. And that mechanical aperture knob makes smoother Iris control in the lens for video jerky. They sort of boxed their selves in on that part. And not many good lenses with OIS in them linked to a body with no IBIS, no sale for me.

Now for Photo mode not really as big of a problem. But video, nah not so good.

Completely agree with you ?

• Super Members

Yeah, joking aside, its a terrible situation and obviously something a bit more elaborate than a kid with a hacked Mavic Pro.

And not a little bit weird too as they have already announced it will be closed tomorrow as well.

I can't work out whether its aliens or a readiness exercise for post-Brexit travel chaos.

I wonder if this thing can take some light moisture if I tape up the sd slot, bottom usb c & the mic holes. I am going to mount it to the front of a snowmobile, will be a cool perspective to just see the ski's & not have the gopro fisheye look.

I will say, I think a g7x ii is better for pretty much everything that people use this for & looks stable enough, but this stupid little thing is fun to film with. 

1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

I wonder if this thing can take some light moisture if I tape up the sd slot, bottom usb c & the mic holes. I am going to mount it to the front of a snowmobile, will be a cool perspective to just see the ski's & not have the gopro fisheye look.

What about putting it in like a Zip Lock bag and having the Gimbal part hang out? You could still push the buttons.

Have you guys seen this comparison? I got my new Apple XS phone 2 days ago. Nothing but rain pretty much now.  The sharpness on it is pretty amazing in Photo HDR mode of my shed. Colors on photo are pretty much spot on. Right out of camera, like the second picture I ever took with it, no editing.

IMG_0007.JPG

11 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Yeah, joking aside, its a terrible situation and obviously something a bit more elaborate than a kid with a hacked Mavic Pro.

And not a little bit weird too as they have already announced it will be closed tomorrow as well.

I can't work out whether its aliens or a readiness exercise for post-Brexit travel chaos.

Neptunians!

14 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Looks like DJI have been testing some new batteries that can apparently keep their drones up in the air for 24 hours and counting.

The new geo-fencing app seems like it could do with some fine tuning though....

289983408_ScreenShot2018-12-20at21_54_30.png.8788412262adafb3b4a65f35d80afdfb.png

No way that isnt a false flag deal to get stricter drone laws. I saw more news on it & I highly doubt it was just some random people with tons of drones flying to an airport. Dji specifically has tools given to authorities that allow them to track your flight in real time through geofencing. They will know where it took off, current location & where it lands. Probably also your account information. 

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

No way that isnt a false flag deal to get stricter drone laws. I saw more news on it & I highly doubt it was just some random people with tons of drones flying to an airport. Dji specifically has tools given to authorities that allow them to track your flight in real time through geofencing. They will know where it took off, current location & where it lands. Probably also your account information. 

There is something very definitely odd about it.

To bring it back on topic, its almost as odd as why no one has done a comparison between the Osmo Pocket and the Osmo Plus.

"Mr Turner said regulations around drones were not tight enough and blamed Chris Grayling for failing to act. He told the BBC: “There should be wider exclusion zones around airports - I think the law says one kilometre at the moment, it should probably be five kilometres according to the experts."

Sounds just like gun control debates. "Should have been a wider exclusion zone", yeah.. that would have stopped this person, not. It's always the law abiding citizens that suffer from over regulation/controls. UK is going to be hammered much further on drone laws & fast, feel bad for you. 

• Super Members
1 minute ago, Snowbro said:

UK is going to be hammered much further on drone laws & fast, feel bad for you. 

Its unfortunate really as we are likely to need drones even more in a few months to provide compelling aerial views of the enormous traffic jams of lorries trying to get food and medicine in and out of the country at the channel ports.

Its OK though, the government have a fool proof on how to deal with the threat of drones.

I honestly am surprised that we havent seen a series of pre-programmed drones (no radio control) carrying a payload, fly low & pop up into a stadium or something and cause massive damage. Once something like that happens, it wont be on a consumer drone & ALL drone parts will be illegal in many countries. DJI knows this & they are pushing other products harder now. 

Update: this actually aligns with what I had thought about all this, written a few months ago. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/drone-attacks-are-essentially-terrorism-by-joystick/2018/08/05/f93ec18a-98d5-11e8-843b-36e177f3081c_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b4c090e61c0d

On 12/19/2018 at 3:33 PM, Snowbro said:

The small sensors like on this pocket turns to mush in low light. They need to fix that & the rolling shutter. 

Here is a video showing the Rolling shutter on Apple XS Max, would be the same for a XS. I think it is pretty damn impressive for a Smartphone. Yeah Pocket not as good.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Here is a video showing the Rolling shutter on Apple XS Max, would be the same for a XS. I think it is pretty damn impressive for a Smartphone. Yeah Pocket not as good.

Get the filmic pro app for your iPhone. You can shoot in high bit rate log