Premote Pro CC2019 - Which Codecs are Supported?

User

Hi folks, I'm trying to understand if there is a difference between the codecs supported in the TRIAL version and the PAID version?

I have been told that H.264 is only supported in the paid version but sonehow half of my files will play, half won't. Likewise for my mpeg2 files.

The Adobe people can't seem to offer any answers. Anyone?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

It'd be weird if the trial version didn't support the same codecs. Aren't they fully functioning trials? 

But I've never had a problem with Premiere not supporting the codecs I've used. 

Yes it would be weird if they weren't full functioning trials.

Are you using CC2019? I assume you must be... the paid version. But did you use the trial version? 

4 minutes ago, User said:

Yes it would be weird if they weren't full functioning trials.

Are you using CC2019?

No, I always wait for a couple of patches before installing a major update and plan to switch to Resolve or getting a Mac and using the Final Cut X license I bought when it first came out and learning that. Just can't justify spending $600 a year on a subscription when there are other options out there. I only switched to Premiere after Final Cut Pro 7 no longer was efficient. 

1 minute ago, newfoundmass said:

No, I always wait for a couple of patches before installing a major update and plan to switch to Resolve or getting a Mac and using the Final Cut X license I bought when it first came out and learning that. Just can't justify spending $600 a year on a subscription when there are other options out there. I only switched to Premiere after Final Cut Pro 7 no longer was efficient. 

I hear you on the subscription thing, especially when it has always been so buggy. But I'm deep into an edit on CC2014 and need to be able to have multiple projects open at the same time... you know... like our old friend FCP7.

Something in CC2019 allows my files to load and the at the last moment, drops half of them.

Created a new project, imported some of the same files and Premiere sees them fine. It must be something to do with opening an old project. I'll try to import the project into a new project using Media Browser... let's see.

It worked! All files seem to load... for now.

I was stuck in a huge process of re linking media that would never stay linked and wasted days on this.

The moral here is, when in doubt, re-import the project into a new project using the Media Browser.