Sony A7R IV / A7S III / A9 II to feature 8K video, as new 60MP and 36MP full frame sensor specs leak

Andrew Reid

Well it seems people forget that company is profit driven, the more/higher profit margin the merrier!

Now that Sony have the momentum atm i think they are pretty comfortable where they are atm.

R&D cost a lot of money

I guess 4k60p is reserved for their pro division camera 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

Well it seems people forget that company is profit driven, the more/higher profit margin the merrier!

Now that Sony have the momentum atm i think they are pretty comfortable where they are atm.

(R&D cost a lot of money.. just saying)

This would make more sense if they weren't facing more competition than ever in the mirrorless full frame market. I'm not sure I'd choose now as the time to coast, but that's just me. 

The landscape has changed over the last year. Others are innovating and moving forward while Sony seems stagnant. 

1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

This would make more sense if they weren't facing more competition than ever in the mirrorless full frame market. I'm not sure I'd choose now as the time to coast, but that's just me. 

The landscape has changed over the last year. Others are innovating and moving forward while Sony seems stagnant. 

More like others are still trying to catch up while Sony is in a very comfortable lead with high profit margin on their cameras, 4K60P is not important for majority (99%?) of user tbh, sales have proven that 4K30p is enough for most user, no point to add extra cost (R&D, material, size) for heat related stuff on 4K60P.

Anyway I do miss Samsung, they definitely give Japanese manufacturer some whoop ass.

@androidlad  You can probably start your own Sony alpha rumor site, the current SAR is a fucking joke 

22 hours ago, androidlad said:

A7 IV:

A7IV.thumb.jpg.2f7e6b9da387f8f88ab4373a8a439da1.jpg

Interesting, If they add 10bit internal recording and release it before Black Friday, I am all in :) 4k60p is missing though.

5 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

More like others are still trying to catch up while Sony is in a very comfortable lead with high profit margin on their cameras, 4K60P is not important for majority (99%?) of user tbh, sales have proven that 4K30p is enough for most user, no point to add extra cost (R&D, material, size) for heat related stuff on 4K60P.

Anyway I do miss Samsung, they definitely give Japanese manufacturer some whoop ass.

I'd argue with that: why do we need fullHD@60-120Hz then? Computer power nowadays is hardly an excuse.

• 1 year later...