Sony A7R IV / A7S III / A9 II to feature 8K video, as new 60MP and 36MP full frame sensor specs leak

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 8/21/2019 at 9:21 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

Having two cameras exactly the same one with and one without IBIS is weird. 

An A6200 that is really cheap like $600 seems like a good move though. 

There are such cameras. Sony sells officially most of the a5xxx and a6xxx series cameras (older A7 series cameras also). There was an offer for an a5xxx camera/2 lenses/a bag and a card for 380-480€ recently on a main chain here. There are similar offers for older a6xxx cameras for 100€ more.

Sony is very clever. They are offering too many similar cameras with small price increases, so it is almost impossible to loose a target group price-wise.

As of late, they are a bit lazy on new camera releases. They have started acting like market leaders (Canon) do and that may hurt them really soon.

A7iii was a huge release, but there are many new products in the market since then and it is not the no brainer it was upon release. They definitely need 2 different body designs for the a6xxx and A7 series. They fix a little something every year, but they still have the worst ergonomics in their respected classes.

They certainly seem to be left behind in video features and video IQ also.

They have to take some very hard decisions the next couple of years because their competitors are very aggressive (except Canon!).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 7:18 AM, Kisaha said:

There are such cameras. Sony sells officially most of the a5xxx and a6xxx series cameras (older A7 series cameras also). There was an offer for an a5xxx camera/2 lenses/a bag and a card for 380-480€ recently on a main chain here. There are similar offers for older a6xxx cameras for 100€ more.

Sony is very clever. They are offering too many similar cameras with small price increases, so it is almost impossible to loose a target group price-wise.

As of late, they are a bit lazy on new camera releases. They have started acting like market leaders (Canon) do and that may hurt them really soon.

A7iii was a huge release, but there are many new products in the market since then and it is not the no brainer it was upon release. They definitely need 2 different body designs for the a6xxx and A7 series. They fix a little something every year, but they still have the worst ergonomics in their respected classes.

They certainly seem to be left behind in video features and video IQ also.

They have to take some very hard decisions the next couple of years because their competitors are very aggressive (except Canon!).

I suspect that Canon's next processor, the Digic 9, may change that, based on what it's brother, the Digic DV7, can do. Sony needs to update their processor to current standards badly. It used to be cutting edge, but we are a long way from 2013 now.

5 hours ago, Mokara said:

I suspect that Canon's next processor, the Digic 9, may change that, based on what it's brother, the Digic DV7, can do. Sony needs to update their processor to current standards badly. It used to be cutting edge, but we are a long way from 2013 now.

Year but canon won’t allow the new processor to benefit us. They’ll keep making their cameras unusable for filmmaking. 

And no they are not saving on codec license fees!

• 1 month later...

Who could've predicted that Sony would be pushing an entire generation of camera bodies with old sensors with improvements everywhere else. I mean, this still looks like quite a good upgrade and the mk III will become an even better bargain, but sensor improvements have been Sony's hallmark for a while now.

At least I get to keep my money in my pocket on this one. I'd love the improvements but not worth the cost to upgrade by any stretch.

8 hours ago, omega1978 said:

optical variable lpf = e vnd ?

No these are not the same (OLPF is for anti-aliasing, ND is for cutting light). The variable part is a cool concept though that I've never heard of. I never really had any problems with moire/aliasing on the A73 unless I was shooting high frame rate HD so maybe this means it would have cleaner slow motion by being more aggressive, but turn off when shooting 4K or stills so it's even more detail than before?

I'm just hoping...