What is the best workflow for creating mixed media proxies?

chadandreo

I have been searching all over and I cannot find a clear answer.

I would like to know what is the best workflow for creating small sized proxies in Premiere Pro that I can send to a remote editor over the cloud while maintaining the footage proportions and frame rate. For weddings, I shoot most things in 24fps and some B-Roll in 4K 60fps and 1080p 120fps.

I hope this is possible, since It seems like a common sense feature considering the current state of video capturing.

From my experience, most productions that use cinema cameras, especially RED cameras, film in a variety of frame rates and resolution.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I just use their default cineform proxy setting. 1020x540.  It works across various sizes and frame rates.  Now, I'm currently working on a doc with so much footage that the proxy data size is greater than 700GB, so I don't know if you can get a ton of data to be functional across the "cloud," but if it's not a long project, maybe.

I've never gone out on the internet looking for .epr presets, but I suspect there's got to be something out there.

48 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

I just use their default cineform proxy setting. 1020x540.  It works across various sizes and frame rates.  Now, I'm currently working on a doc with so much footage that the proxy data size is greater than 700GB, so I don't know if you can get a ton of data to be functional across the "cloud," but if it's not a long project, maybe.

I've never gone out on the internet looking for .epr presets, but I suspect there's got to be something out there.

Thats good to know. Do you have any issues with aspect ratios since the 540 preset does not match standard 1080P and UHD aspect ratios?