What Canon Rumors is up to

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, OliKMIA said:

Yes, it's a big joke, we all agree here. It's like green-whashing. Even though you are right, I think we should focus on creating art, sharing our experience and help each other. I noticed lately that you've been going on many rants against other vlogers, blogers, websites, companies, the UE, etc. I agree with you on some of these rants but we are not going to change anything with this forum. Marketing is marketing, it's not something new.
I understand it must be frustrating for you to refuse the Hawaiian trips and other PR BS (and kudo for doing this) but that's the way it is.

Perhaps we should create a separate website called PhotoVideoPressWatch.biz and put all that over there ;)

Some people are interested, some are not. Let the people who are interested in changing things to discuss it and get on with it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Some people are interested, some are not. Let the people who are interested in changing things to discuss it and get on with it.

I think that you fight for a noble cause and I'm very interested by the topic but what are we getting on with exactly? Did any of your Canon critics got proper response from Canon. Mine didn't. Any news from Vimeo? I sent them a couple of emails without anything beyond the standard template response. Contacting Canon Rumors? Does the guy even care when he has a lot of traffic and business ties with many brands.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm genuinely asking and I'd love to participate if there are some potential results but so far it just looks like bunch of guys talking in circle on a forum while we are getting banned by major websites (not that I care personally). Some of your rants seems very emotional, the BM one was a bit counter productive I believe but you explained the situation afterward.
I just believe that a subtle approach could be more beneficial for you and this cause instead of going head on. Personally I like the head on approach and I always enjoy to read your piece but it doesn't do well in today's world where everybody is "cool" and so easily offended. That's it mate.

Actually most of the West (ironically) is living in this Orwellian Universe which people aren't even aware of. The Matrix is real. I see it all the time. The internet is just a tiny fraction of the stuff around. Atleast in Communist countries like Russia and China people KNOW IT. In most of Europe and the US, and most othwr parts of the world, people have been brainwashed for decades and centuries, and therefore unable to see anything that's in plain sight. They imagine that people who actually realise this, are conspiracy theorists. I am sure most people here too imagine that Andrew is imagining all this. Maybe they think he needs to change his beer brand or stop smoking up or something equally weird.  

I realised it long ago. When I first started using the net I researched on trojans (rats), and I suddenly realised that many organisations and groups are constantly spying on us and programming us in the process. There isn't much one can do to change it though. 

Yeah we have governments, who in reality are way too bloated to react to Anything tech related quickly, is Always behind on the Oh my God they are spying on us thing. Yeah Facebook, Amazon, Apple, on and on know more shit about me than I know about me LoL. Scary Crap. And like you say, it isn't going to stop tomorrow.  Our Goose is cooked now, let alone down the road when AI is Really Good!

4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Meanwhile at DPReview:

DPR forum X-T3.jpg

So much for free speech!

And their feedback section has plenty of concerns about the amount of sponsored content they have been running lately

https://***URL removed***/forums/5001

Which I criticised... Hence the ban on my links.

Are we living in China or the west?

When I was a teenager and naiv, dpreview was like a institution in my mind, something like the royal academy of cameras, their tests were absolute truth to me. Since they kicked you away because of not sucking PR dicks they totally lost my respect. 

I should have doubted them from the first day, guys that can't take pictures (sample gallery) can't be trusted with cameras.

I suspect that it is not so much Canon marketing that is responsible for this stuff, it is more the site admins themselves, who probably see EOSHD as a competitor for their audience. That would be they don't want any crosslinking, it provides you with customer exposure they would rather was going to them exclusively.

Meanwhile...back in October they ran with your article:

https://***URL removed***/news/2269209875/magic-lantern-starts-work-on-way-to-enhance-canon-eos-r-feature-set

Good advertising for this site but just goes to show their double standard. The canonrumours one is weird. Surely they don't think it will stop anyone from here going on their site. Its ridiculous. 

I think we are reading too much into it. As big as DPR is they have to cover their ass every which way from hell. And I doubt they have total free rein form Amazon to do what they like. They have as of late been a bit more bold on sort of knocking Canon being behind, holding back.

As much as they test you are never going to please everyone. I doubt they are just kissing Canon's ass. But are not going to go out of their way to piss Canon off. And that link to here about ML and the EOS-R shows they are not sticking pins in a Voodoo Doll that has a heck of a resemblance to Andrew. ?