I might get the C200

Oliver Daniel

On 11/15/2018 at 10:15 AM, webrunner5 said:

Somebody, I don't know who, is going to come out with a PK4 type camera in a FS5, C100 body for 3500 bucks and it is going to be game on for a lot of people.

A secondhand Sony FS5 with an external recorder can be got for around $3.5K ish

On 11/15/2018 at 11:40 AM, currensheldon said:

Really true on the cannibalization. Give me a GH5 with MFT mount in a smaller EVA-1 body (internal NDs + XLRs) and that would be good for me

Still shocked we haven't seen a Panasonic EVA1 MFT yet. 

I blame the feud between the Panasonic professional vs consumer divisions 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Still shocked we haven't seen a Panasonic EVA1 MFT yet. 

I blame the feud between the Panasonic professional vs consumer divisions 

Yeah but I think that would take a multi aspect sensor to do that, so that would have to be all new. Panasonic thinks m4/3 is dying or they would not be going the FF route if not. So I am not surprised they are not making a MFT EVA1. The future is higher and higher MP for 8K and beyond. That ain't happening on a small sensor like m4/3. 20mp seems to be pushing it.

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Panasonic could have stuck with the EVA1 sensor for an "EVA1 MFT"

My guess is Panasonic are moving away from M43. With the cost of full frame bodies dropping and advances in APSC cameras such as the X-T3, it is hard to justify paying a premium for a m43 sized sensor in a full sized body.

5 minutes ago, DBounce said:

My guess is Panasonic are moving away from M43. With the cost of full frame bodies dropping and advances in APSC cameras such as the X-T3, it is hard to justify paying a premium for a m43 sized sensor in a full sized body.

I sort of agree. However they certainly could make their offerings more attractive. An M43 camera with 4K up to 120fps and better high speed HD would still be very attractive. Especially if it had IBIS and the GH5's low light capabilities and PDAF.

24 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I sort of agree. However they certainly could make their offerings more attractive. An M43 camera with 4K up to 120fps and better high speed HD would still be very attractive. Especially if it had IBIS and the GH5's low light capabilities and PDAF.

That would be the perfect cam for a lot of people out there (incl me), pack Gh5s sensor with ibis, PDAF and pair with that 10-25mm F1.7 lens is definitely the winning combo!

9 hours ago, DBounce said:

So? Could have done both APS-C EVA1 sensor and MFT mount

(hello JVC LS300!)

1 hour ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

JVC LS300 was in my opinion so ahead of it's time that people didn't understand it fully which is why almost no one knows about it or how it works. It's such a brilliant idea.

We did, we do. There is still one we use from time to time. Great A or B cam to other m43 cameras, and great S35 variable sensor. Is a very dependable workhorse camera, and it does 4K/60p with Atomos, and it costs a lot less than a C100mkII. It is 3000€ right now.