Sales/Flash Deals/Lightning Deals (Thread)

Mako Sports

With Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up it might be nice to have a central place for these random upcoming holiday deals/coupons. 

November 12th, 2018 

SmallHD 503 UltraBright Monitor on sale @ B&H. $1600 usually $2,500 ($900 savings)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1346903-REG/smallhd_mon_503u_503_ultra_bright_5.html/mode/edu/mode/edu

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 11/15/2018 at 12:11 PM, scotchtape said:

Zoom F4 for $350 if you got the email from BH for extra $100 off.

And I thought US$350 for a secondhand Zoom F4 I've been seeing on eBay was crazy cheap.

I imagine the deal means the F4n is in the works.

Hope that means a firmware update with the F4n goodies is also coming for the F4 a few months after the F4n is released... I want automix / advanced hybrid limiters / better headphone preamp on my F4 with the F8 v5 style firmware update!!

The answer can be summed up in three letter: "FS7"

Even in nearly 2019 the FS7 is a tough bugger to knock off the throne

Plus even if tomorrow a new camera was launched which thrashed the FS7 in every aspect then people are still slow to change and are stuck in their ways Especially non-technical producers and directors (and even cam ops!)

Was just reading in a dvxuser forum thread a guy who got the C300 mk1 when it first launched then sold it and got a FS7 when it first launched (what good timing with each!)

And he mentioned how for the first six months people were still only ever asking for the C300

On 11/20/2018 at 7:14 PM, Mako Sports said:

just a heads up to read the fine print. this is a gray market camera. no manufacturer's warranty from panasonic. it looks like the retailer offers its own warranty instead. only mentioning so people can make an informed decision. I *am* tempted to buy a second EVA1.