Premiere Pro - Is it Possible To Consolidate Projects And Keep Only What Is In Project Sequences?

User

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
47 minutes ago, OliKMIA said:

Yes and it's very simple. On the top menu go to EDIT > Remove Unused

It's going to remove all the files which are not in your timeline. But make sure that you don't have multiple timelines tabs or sequences otherwise the "remove unused" feature will keep all the files also used by the other sequences/tabs.

hmm thats a good tip actually

8 hours ago, OliKMIA said:

Yes and it's very simple. On the top menu go to EDIT > Remove Unused

It's going to remove all the files which are not in your timeline. But make sure that you don't have multiple timelines tabs or sequences otherwise the "remove unused" feature will keep all the files also used by the other sequences/tabs.

Perfect! Thank you OlikMia... and to everyone here who continually keep this place the light that it is... my software upgrade headaches are slowly easing off. Onward!

2 hours ago, User said:

Perfect! Thank you OlikMia... and to everyone here who continually keep this place the light that it is... my software upgrade headaches are slowly easing off. Onward!

You're welcome. I'm not sure of what you are trying to do but additionally you can export and copy all the files in a single location. Go to FILE > Project Manager. Then select the sequence (timeline tab) you are working on, specify an export location and it will save your project and all the associated files to this single location. It can be useful when you are working with media scattered across many different hard drives and want to consolidate all the useful media on a single drive.

vvvv.jpg

This is gold and right on time!

I'm doing some rough cuts from 2000 files, every day to a different sequence. And then I will need to export/copy only the used files in the sequences. So, according to your last post @OliKMIA I just need to select "Collect Files and Copy to a New Location", correct?! And most probably I'll need it to transcode to DNxHR/HD after. 

And btw, is it possible to export all individual cuts in a sequence, but with IN/Out points and also with some margin at star/end of each file? Let's say, 2sec pre/post-roll... I'm not sure If Premiere is able to do this.

"I just need to select "Collect Files and Copy to a New Location", correct?!"

Hey. I haven't used this feature in a while but this is correct. I would suggest to do a quick test with a new project. Throw a bunch of files in your timeline (video, audio, titles) and try to export it to see how it goes. And yes, you can also transcode.

"And btw, is it possible to export all individual cuts in a sequence, but with IN/Out points and also with some margin at star/end of each file? Let's say, 2sec pre/post-roll... I'm not sure If Premiere is able to do this."

I don't know about this but you can surely find a solution. Since the export feature in the project manager is based on the sequence and not on the IN/OUT points you could just copy paste what you need in a new dedicated sequence and export it. If you need a 2 sec margin simply add an empty adjustment layer or empty tittle or black JPEG that will act as your margin.