New bargain fast glass for crop formats (hello P4K! : -)

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 11/11/2018 at 2:02 PM, Emanuel said:

Hmmmm.... at those prices a Panasonic 25mm f1.7 would be the same price (or even cheaper!) but would give you AF
And a chinese 85mm f1.8 F mount lens + focal reducer would be cheaper than the 50mm f1.1 but be nearly as fast and would give you greater versatility for the future. 

Would need to wait for reviews first, before simply leaping straight onto it purely because of their prices. 

I wish the Sony Zeiss 55 1.8 was EF mount and not FE.

Would love to use it on other mounts besides Sony.       Can often be found a lot less than the $900 stated in that video and has cured me from wanting pretty much any other lens in the 50-60mm range.      Sharp wide open and across the frame, AF and covers FF.        This 1.1 lens does look nice for the price but I still think there are a few others that are similar in some ways I would prefer (FD 50 1.2 L is a very nice lens though priced between this and the 55 1.8, the Pentax 50 1.2 K I had was a favourite too for cheaper).

I also think I would rather the 50 f0.95 Mitakon though again, for more money.

I don't always like swirly bokeh but it can be nice in some situations so I guess there would be times this lens would be very nice to use.     I just wonder how often it would be.