Olympus EM1-X Rumor

webrunner5

46 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

The handheld hi-res sample of a palm tree from DPReview look mushy, no real resolution gain from 20MP if you pixel peep the JPEG.

The real use of handheld hi-res mode is for ultra clean images. With its 16-frame averaging, you gain around 4 stops of SNR. So for that palm tree shot, the noise level would be equivalent of shooting at ISO13. And I'm sure the averaging algorithm can be improved for better detail retention.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 1/22/2019 at 6:06 PM, fuzzynormal said:

Hope not.  Mostly, it does look like a good camera for MY needs so I'll consider it.  Pretty good spec list.  However, one of my top priority needs is 60fps 4K.  It's just something I use when shooting.

EDIT:  Just checked the rumor site.  60p in 4K, so no worries there.

LOL, I told you... 

Very embarrassing. M43 has almost nothing left nowadays..

6 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

The handheld hi-res sample of a palm tree from DPReview look mushy, no real resolution gain from 20MP if you pixel peep the JPEG.

Whoa. That's terrible news. Will check it out. Is there a restriction on what all objects can be shot for handheld (landscape or something perhaps?). Maybe something with less movement than a certain speed, I am guessing. Thanks for sharing, will definitely check it out. 

53 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

LOL, I told you... 

Very embarrassing. M43 has almost nothing left nowadays..

Well, it's not a camera for me as it's too expensive, too big, and all I really do with these things is video.  Some hobby photos, but nothing serious.

The idea of electronic ND was intriguing --but not to be for video.

Yeah, kind of with Andrew on this.  Although it would really have to be a special camera for me to ever really consider it, it certainly would have been nice to have a real reason to consider it, ya know?

Wonder why they're lagging with the 60p 4k?  Weird.

Loved the EM5II.  Best camera I ever owned.  But we're almost 4 years on from that.  Getting a little worried here Oly.  Without a homerun product across multiple markets can you stay in the game?

As for M43 I still love it. I like the smaller gear and lenses.  Always have, always will.  A small kit is a productive kit in my world.

38 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Whoa. That's terrible news. Will check it out. Is there a restriction on what all objects can be shot for handheld (landscape or something perhaps?). Maybe something with less movement than a certain speed, I am guessing. Thanks for sharing, will definitely check it out. 

Well it has to take 8 shots so you can imagine if there is Any movement in that time frame it is going to blur it a bit. So yeah if it moves it is really not ideal to shoot it. I would imagine even if it doesn't move and you do it is not ideal either handheld.