Olympus EM1-X Rumor

webrunner5

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, Emanuel said:

FT5 seems high the probability to see it around in the beginning of the year. If it will add 4K/60p with reasonable bit rate, IBIS? I will surely buy one. MFT glass attracts me.

It has all that and more.

My source told me EM-1X has a 40MP sensor and obliterates X-T3 in terms of spec and feature set.

2 minutes ago, androidlad said:

It has all that and more.

My source told me EM-1X has a 40MP sensor and obliterates X-T3 in terms of spec and feature set.

Just waiting to see if there's no moire nor aliasing artifacts going along video coming from such high resolution sensor acquisition.

23 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

All sounds impressive if it isn't too much money. No way it is less than 2500 Dollars I would think.

It can't be much more than that $2000 price range for sure, I don't think it will reach $3K but what do I know? : )

That's the beauty of MFT ; -)

11 hours ago, androidlad said:

Maybe perhaps more like 24MP. The sensor shift helps create larger res images, like it foes across manu Olympus models. 

29 minutes ago, nigelbb said:

It's also rumoured to be very large for an MFT camera at 144.37mm x 146.765mm x 75.345mm with a built-in grip. That's pretty much the size of a Nikon D810 with battery grip.

Yeah I was actually thinking about getting a Oly EM1 mk II for some birding, photography work. Probably the Nikon D500 would be better, but man so big on the lens side compared to m4/3. Even a Fuji XT-3 might work, but i have no lenses for one, and it has no IBIS like the Oly. But I am going to hold off and see what it ends up being and costing. Interesting to say the least.

40 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

Seems like a camera for quite a niche market (wildlife?). Hope it works out for them

Yeah Wildlife and Sports I guess. But with a 40mp sensor maybe that would be a different kettle of fish as they say. I have no real clue. But maybe other than on the video side you can bet if Olympus is going to really do it will be a heck of a camera.

If it’s 40mp, it’s not m43. 

Seem like it’s only a matter of time before Oly goes FF with the L-mount. They have a bunch of FF lens patents, they make great glass, IBIS is second to none. IMO they could make waves with a kitchen sink camera, sort of a 1dx2 with IBIS and a articulated LCD. You know, what Canon should have done with the R.

Chris

18 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

If it’s 40mp, it’s not m43.

So much contempt on such versatile sensor format... Half the size on GH5 pixels, double them and voilá ; ) Not the best low light performer but with the most recent high sensitivity sensor technology will we need much more than today's outcome as far as shooting by night concerns? No need for infrared, really.

Earlier in the year they were saying that the olympus camera to be released in january would have advanced video specs. I suspect this is the selfsame camera. I haven't purchased any of the recently announced mirroless camera as yet as I am waiting to see what this camera will do with its purported 6 stop ibis. Given its size I am guessing there will be enough heat dissipation to give us a really robust 4k 60p codec. People already know how good the olympus ibis is - if they have improved it even more it will be a fantastic run and gun camera. I suspect the video specs will be class leading for a hybrid. They need to price it around the xt3 though.    

6 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I am thinking its not a 40mp sensor, rather it has a mode that stitches several photos together to get 40mp. I think the G9 has a mode that does something like this.

40mp would be interesting though but not any good in low light. 

The high-res mode produces 80MP images, and it works even when handheld, at 1/60s.

40 mp would only be workable if it have some quad bayer arrangement. And don't think that Sony will do a quad bayer 4/3 sensor.

Since the camera is rumoured to be a fast speed shooter, I guess that this will be a BSI 20mp sensor (the only 4/3 BSI sensor today is the one in the GH5s). Maybe a stacked one, but don't think that Sony would do that - except if they wish to pull the plug in the RX100 - RX10 series.