Just in time!

DanielVranic

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

I am not even going to watch this one. Did he reveal his settings this time? Did he even bother to say what lenses were used? Camera is only half the story when it comes to AF in video mode.

I see from the YouTube poster frame he fixed the Z7 skin tones though. Maybe not so bad after all!?

12 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am not even going to watch this one. Did he reveal his settings this time? Did he even bother to say what lenses were used? Camera is only half the story when it comes to AF in video mode.

I see from the YouTube poster frame he fixed the Z7 skin tones though. Maybe not so bad after all!?

He does acknowledge the lenses. I watched it on mute and to make it short, they all do very good jobs within close margins of each other.

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

You are a bit hard. He spend a third of the video explaining what lenses he uses and settings in the test and so on. He actually do the test with different settings.

Overall the Canon doesnt do better than the competition. Worst in some cases. The fuji is impressive. All do a good job.

13 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

It's funny how in his thumbnail the focus on all the cameras is sharp except the canon. 

Well he did have to switch to touch to focus to really make the Canon work. The others have caught up with Canon other than maybe transition speed wise. Even CS is closer now.

To me the Canon EOS-R is the weakest of all the new cameras out. Even counting the PK4. I would have never thought Canon would be in that position.

• Super Members

I never use auto focus but have tried it on my EOS-R in case I would ever need it. Does anyone have any tips on what I need to do to get it to miss as much as some seem to do? I'm always curious to provoke weaknesses so I can learn to avoid them. But so far I haven't been able to replicate the issue. 

"You can't track moving objects with Sony, while you can with the Canon". Read the manual Max. Not mentioning that Sony can't Face-AF in 120fps. Don't know about the others.

Pretty useless video. No real conclusion, except that all do a decent job (what you would expect, too). The test setup is so silly and useless. Wasted my time. 

2 hours ago, chrisE said:

"You can't track moving objects with Sony, while you can with the Canon". Read the manual Max. Not mentioning that Sony can't Face-AF in 120fps. Don't know about the others.

Pretty useless video. No real conclusion, except that all do a decent job (what you would expect, too). The test setup is so silly and useless. Wasted my time. 

Ha, yeah lock on af is great on Sony but usually I just toggle it off