FujiFilm X-T3 - Thoughts After One Month

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, androidlad said:

Ah I understand now, I went through some of images and videos you posted, I agree you totally made the right decision returning everything, as X-T3 doesn't deserve you, neither does 1DX II.

Not sure what you mean by that. I don't make a dime from photos and video, it's only something I do for fun... And last I checked cameras do not deserve people... Cameras are inanimate objects. If taking personal pictures of my family is not deserving... well you can go fuk yourself. I don't recall begging you for the $15k I dumped into the Fuji system. And for the life of me I fail to recollect you chipping in for the $30k plus for the 1DXMk2 with lenses and support gear. So to that end who cares what you think deserves what?

I simply shared my personal experience and you look at it as an opportunity to launch a personal attack. Having hardware fail is not "fun" in my experience. But if you enjoy that aspect.. well, what can I say... have fun?

3 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Not sure what you mean by that. I don't make a dime from photos and video, it's only something I do for fun... And last I checked cameras do not deserve people... Cameras are inanimate objects. If taking personal pictures of my family is not deserving... well you can go fuk yourself. I don't recall begging you for the $15k I dumped into the Fuji system. And for the life of me I fail to recollect you chipping in for the $30k plus for the 1DXMk2 with lenses and support gear. So to that end who cares what you think deserves what?

I simply shared my personal experience and you look at it as an opportunity to launch a personal attack. Having hardware fail is not "fun" in my experience. But if you enjoy that aspect.. well, what can I say... have fun?

Man, I'm sorry to hear about all of this.

The inane toxicity of the EOSHD forums is sickening.

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

Ah I understand now, I went through some of images and videos you posted, I agree you totally made the right decision returning everything, as X-T3 doesn't deserve you, neither does 1DX II.

Jesus, what a petty and defensive responsive to someone being understandably wary of a brand after getting two duds in a row.

10 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

This is why I didn't keep my a6300 or bought the a6500. I got three lemon a6300 from separate batches.. the trust is gone.

Wow! I am surprised to hear that. I use my a6500 HARD and have never had a problem with it. On the other hand, I know Sony lenses have a bad reputation for quality control from batch to batch (or from lens to lens), so I guess I shouldn't be surprised about that.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:13 AM, DBounce said:

Sorry but @androidlad  is not totally wrong and your words are a bit disproportioned. While I would not allow myself to say that a "camera can or cannot deserve someone" like he did, I am a bit shocked at the quality of your outputs versus the equipment you have. No offense meant at all just my point of view. 
Good for you that you can spend 45 000$ on 2 camera system, but again what is the point if you get those results (stills you posted above)? You would get the same results (and could get better) with a Canon T2i. I am just a bit shocked.
Anyway, you are totally free to buy what you want and do the pics you want, and I imagine I can also go fuk myself too...

As far as the hardware failure is concerned, I am hopeful for Fuji that it is an isolated case, and sorry to hear it happened to you, it sucks for sure especially twice in a row. Good that you can return them for sure. 
For the canon, at $6000 and 1.5KG it better be reliable!

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

Sorry but @androidlad  is not totally wrong and your words are a bit disproportioned. While I would not allow myself to say that a "camera can or cannot deserve someone" like he did, I am a bit shocked at the quality of your outputs versus the equipment you have. No offense meant at all just my point of view. 
Good for you that you can spend 45 000$ on 2 camera system, but again what is the point if you get those results (stills you posted above)? You would get the same results (and could get better) with a Canon T2i. I am just a bit shocked.
Anyway, you are totally free to buy what you want and do the pics you want, and I imagine I can also go fuk myself too...

As far as the hardware failure is concerned, I am hopeful for Fuji that it is an isolated case, and sorry to hear it happened to you, it sucks for sure especially twice in a row. Good that you can return them for sure. 
For the canon, at $6000 and 1.5KG it better be reliable!

Thanks... I now understand that I suck a this stuff. I really needed that wake up. It's a silly hobby. I think only pros should dabble with this stuff. 

19 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Thanks... I now understand that I suck a this stuff. I really needed that wake up. It's a silly hobby. I think only pros should dabble with this stuff. 

Ahh come on. You know like anyone we all can get better. I suck ass at editing. But it doesn't stop me from being excited about all this stuff. Hell I will get better if I try to get better. Photography, Video is just too much fun to pass it up. And shooting your son growing up and any other children you have is a gift they will never forget. You also. Keep at it. You have a great looking family. Your lucky you have a wife that is willing to model for you. And  I enjoy seeing your sons progress. I was into Karting pretty big time my self even as an adult.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Ahh come on. You know like anyone we all can get better. I suck ass at editing. But it doesn't stop me from being excited about all this stuff. Hell I will get better if I try to get better. Photography, Video is just too much fun to pass it up. And shooting your son growing up and any other children you have is a gift they will never forget. You also. Keep at it. You have a great looking family. Your lucky you have a wife that is willing to model for you. And  I enjoy seeing your sons progress. I was into Karting pretty big time my self even as an adult.

I am guessing DBounce was being sarcastic but its hard to tell online. Nice to see some encouraging thoughts around here though. 

That said I am not surprised someone would drop that cash on a hobby. I used to do World War 2 reenacting, people would purchase vehicles that cost twice as much as my parents house. Because they liked it. 

Talking like that about the work of others on this forum with no sufficient reason happens once in a while. @DBounce I wouldnt care about the contents of comments like the one above. It lacks a valid point and emphathy as well. I like your work and contributions very much. They dont have to have Spielberg shotdesign nor Storarro colors all the time.

It is true that sometimes I cannot understand the kind of gear some people have compared to their photography and videography they do. perhaps because I live in a second world country and cannot phantom how people can by for example as a Nikon user a z7 when you are not a pro. One thing I would advise some, take your money and buy lesser gear and use the rest to take some courses etc. No gear is going to make your photo or video better, we have reach the level that most of us are the limiting factor, but some know how will make a drastic difference.  

Yikes. Two bodies failing. 

I put my XT2’s through the ringer and the ISO dial fell off one requiring a complete $200 top plate replacement. IMO it was caused by having to constantly switch the mode dial from video to stills, something I do a couple dozen times a day when shooting. Until Fuji figures a better system, I’m sticking with the a73 as my main cam.

chris

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Trek of Joy said:

Yikes. Two bodies failing. 

I put my XT2’s through the ringer and the ISO dial fell off one requiring a complete $200 top plate replacement. IMO it was caused by having to constantly switch the mode dial from video to stills, something I do a couple dozen times a day when shooting. Until Fuji figures a better system, I’m sticking with the a73 as my main cam.

chris

Thats one of the reasons I did the X-Pro2. You can just hit record at any time. Also one of the reasons I got the EOS-R.

17 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Thats one of the reasons I did the X-Pro2. You can just hit record at any time. Also one of the reasons I got the EOS-R.

From all reports that I am hearing - you need to go through 3 different hits/processes to get from photo to video (and vice versa) on the EOS-R???